Hey Makers, How do you arrange your blogging week?

Kingsley Ijomah
6 replies
Do you set aside one day for writing from start to finish? I would love to be able to achieve this, but currently struggling to find the entire motivation to start and finish without having something more urgent take over time.

Replies

Jen ✏️
If you're having trouble writing it in one go, then try breaking it down. One day, focus on writing the outline. Next day, write a first draft. And a couple of days later, edit + publish. I'm not great at writing everything in one sitting since I need the ideas to marinate for a bit. Just do what works for you!
Kingsley Ijomah
@mellowbeing thanks for that, I ended up giving this a go, it actually worked better for me, walking away after the outline make the subject even more clearer when I attempted the next day.
Szymon Adamiak
For me the key is to write everything in one sitting. Editing can be split for multiple days. I try to blog at least once a week. Usually I schedule 2-3 hours in the morning and write everything that's on my mind on the subject. It lacks a bit of structure and direction, but gets me to 1000-2000 words. The next day I take an hour to edit it. If it doesn't feel ready I polish it a bit a day after.
Kingsley Ijomah
@sadamiak awesome! glad I am not the only one spanning over days on one post, I see now it is not a race but a process