How many books did you read in 2020?

Ullekh Niraula
10 replies
Hello everyone! Its Dec and 2020 is almost over. The whole year wasn't that good for all including me. Though, i never stopped learning and spent most of my time reading books. Here are the 8 books i read. 1. The 4-hour Work Week 2. Dotcom Secrets 3. The Personal MBA: Master the art of Business 4. Trillion Dollar Coach 5. Your Next Five Moves 6. Elon Musk 7. How I Create Growth Hacking Plans For Startups For $10000 8. Traffic Secrets Please also share the books you read in 2020.

Replies

Jasmind Thomas
Do audiobooks, essays and longform articles count? I'm an avid reader but I rarely buy actual books because I don't have the space for them. Though I did just buy Pocket Full of Do by Chris Do of The Futur.
Marian Beck
@jasmind_thomas A book is a book. Doesn't matter if it is digital or spoken in my opinion. I started listening to audiobooks this year and absolutely love it.
Ullekh Niraula
@jasmind_thomas They count. I also don't buy physical books. I have 100's of books in my Kindle App.
Jijo Paul
Worth to read all these books
Marian Beck
I used to read in the subway everyday, which means I usually finished a book every 1 or 2 weeks. This year I did not read a lot, because I have been working from home since March because of Corona ... I did start listening to Audiobooks when out for a run though. My 3 favorite books I read this year are: - Total Recall by Arnold Schwarzenegger (Autobiography) - The Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger (Disney CEO) - Justice by Michael Sandel
Ullekh Niraula
@marian_beck And I started reading books while sitting at home during lockdown. How can you focus on Audiobooks while doing your work? I tried a lot of time but couldn't.
Marian Beck
@marian_beck @ullekhniraula I can't while doing work, it's too distracting. I meant while exercising (every morning I go running 45-60 minutes)
Alejandro Cantarero
Not a new read, but the best book I read this year: Hacking Growth - Sean Ellis & Morgan Brown
Jen ✏️
So far, 38. I read the 4-hour work week and am glad I can finally say I read it but it was not my favorite book, by far. There are far better business books out there.
Julia Ching
I read 5 Novels (Rainbirds, Bury What We Cannot Take, An Ocean of Minutes, The Descent of Monsters and Ponti) in 2020. These books helped me to overcome the stress of lock-down.