For those who've launched in Africa. What was your biggest hurdle?

Mr Ethar Alali
5 replies
If you had your chance again, what would you do the same and do differently?

Replies

Kayode Odeleye
I am preparing to launch an Africa focused initiative, would be interesting to see responses to your question
Kayode Odeleye
@kayovin1 @ethar_alali Yes, i am working on a networking platform for African entrepreneurs. Pan Africa but initial focus on Nigeria. www.toguna.africa What are you working on?
Mr Ethar Alali
@kayovin1 Indeed. Not sure I'm getting many yet though :) Are you allowed to reveal your venture and which countries are your first ports of call?
Mr Ethar Alali
@kayovin1 @ethar_alali I'm going to be working on launching Automedi in Africa. www.automedi.co.uk. It's an all-in-one circular economy for health products, with additive manufacturing at its core. From my understanding, there is also a campaign in Ghana to get one factory in every town. Factories are very large investments, but you can do this distributing capacity across multiple areas. Especially in bioplastic materials. Worth following along I'd argue. As there is some synergy there https://www.producthunt.com/post...
 Rodney Onanga
Available Payment Gateway and Bank recognized intertionaly. I had to get an account on Revolut (for which I needed a Schengen Visa for Europe) to solve this issue. Now I can purchase stuff and receive payments from my client without any problem. I some point I'll get into Stripe Atlas so I can open an Account in the US for my Startup but I am not there yet but pretty soon I'll have to do it. With Stripe acquiring Paystack, things may get better fast.