What do I need to be on Wikipedia?

Aditi Singh
2 replies
It is the desire of all brands or anyone who has done something remarkable to have a page on wikipedia and have that page come on top whenever the name is being searched on google. But even if you have done something remarkable or something that’s relevant to the community at large, you can’t get on Wikipedia just like that. There are certain guidelines that must be followed and there are certain criteria that you need to meet to be on Wikipedia. What are those criteria or what do you need to be on Wikipedia, let’s find out: Enough in-depth coverage in third party reliable sources: You need to have at least 7-8 articles featuring you in detail incredible sources that are written by a journalist and are not taken from any PTI or IANS feed. One golden rule that we advise everyone is to check the following to see if it can be considered an in-depth coverage or not: https://specificpr.com/what-do-i...

Replies

Paul Woodthorpe
I tend to find that if you spend all your time trying to get noticed on Wikipedia, you are wasting your time building the actual brand or business that would appear on Wikipedia by itself if you grew it big enough. Concentrate on the main focus, the brand/business and let Wikipedia take care of itself. A few brands I know that are on there have said they didn't even realise they had been published until someone told them or they stumbled upon it during a search. It is nice to be on there, but if you are not well known enough, you are just going to have to work harder to get well known.
Dragos Bulugean
Great content, I just researched this a while back and it was super time consuming to find out the right information.