How to Get Payments From Users?

Vitalii Rybka ๐Ÿ‘‹
14 replies
Hi folks, Currently, I'm looking for a way of getting payments from users in my project. I know literally nothing about this process. I heard there is an option to register LLC in Delaware but I'm not sure that this the right way. Maybe there are many other options which I missed? It's also applicable to me to register a company in other residences. The very important moment to me is to be able to do this via the Internet without physical visiting. Do you happen to know, is it possible to get payments without LLC? I believe, that PH Community can help in this case. Please, share your advice, links, articles, whatever in the comments. Thank you very much for your time and assistance in this matter. Cheers, Vitalii

Replies

Tarek Dajani
If you want register a C-Corp in Deleware (which is what Y-Combinator suggests), use Clerky (also what Y-Combinator suggests!). If not, you can also use Paddle or Gumroad as payment methods if you are still in the testing phase, like me. Good luck.
Vitalii Rybka ๐Ÿ‘‹
@tdajani thanks for answering. Yes, I agree with you that for the testing phase it's kind of overhead to register C-Corp. Paddle looks very promising
David T. Kim
Hey Vitalii, There are easier ways to accept payments without registering an LLC. 1. Buy me a coffee 2. Patreon 3. Paypal 4. and other "smaller" payment solutions. What kind of product do you use?
Vitalii Rybka ๐Ÿ‘‹
@david_t_kim thank you for sharing. Do you happen to have the experience with withdrawing money from Patreon, Paypal?
henry slow
@vitalii_rybka @david_t_kim Thereโ€™s this method that Iโ€™m curious about, Iโ€™ve never tried it, but itโ€™s been on my mind for so long. I was thinking if it would be possible to receive a project payment from your clients by asking them to purchase a prepaid MasterCard in your name. I think this is possible because I once bought a prepaid MasterCard from https://ezzocard.com/ for my mom because weโ€™re not in the same country, and she used it perfectly without any error. So you can give it a try after youโ€™ve analyzed all the pros and cons of course.
mariopepper
I use mostly paypal, payoneer, btc wallet and scrill. Mostly my clients send payments on my bitcoin wallet https://bitcoinofficial.org/ or PayPal. These two are most popular payment option nowadays. Especially from clients who work with crypto
Vitalii Rybka ๐Ÿ‘‹
@mariopepper thank you for the answer. Could you share your experience (if any) with withdrawing money from third-party services to a bank account?
Yuliia Mamonov ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
I'd say that it depends on your monthly sales volumes. For smaller volumes, I'd recommend a popular third-party solution like PayPal or even Patreon, as was recommended above. But once the business starts to grow, you can consider developing your own payment gateway (or going for a white-label solution). Though it requires initial development costs, it'll save a ton in the long run.
Vitalii Rybka ๐Ÿ‘‹
@yulia_mamonova thank you for the solid answer. Yes, I agree that there are lots of circumstances that I need to take into account. I think I will take some time for figuring out which third-party service is more suitable for my case. Yulia, do you happen to have hands-on experience with withdrawing money from 3d-party services to a bank account?
Igor Samokhovets
Hello Vitalii! You can receive payments without registering any company. There are some intermediary services: - Paddle - great API docs, designed for SaaS and good developer experience - Gumroad - good thing if you want to sell some content. For example your book, private e-mail newsletter etc. Paddle supports withdrawals to Paypal and Payoneer, but Gumroad does not. Be careful with the withdrawal to Paypal - as far as I know, to withdraw the amount of money you need to confirm that you are a company, not an individual. And don't forget about taxes when you receive money as an individual, taxation is different in each country :) Hope it helps!
Vitalii Rybka ๐Ÿ‘‹
@samohovets thanks for the detailed answer. It is definitely helpful and has brought some light to this complicated topic. Cheers
Oliver Ahmed
Lizocard Reloadable visa card is guarantee google, facebook ads supported. you can buy online quickly and securely anywhere payment accepted in the world. https://lizocard.com We provide the fastest reloadable prepaid virtual visa cards, 100% guarantee google ads, facebook ads, tiktok ads and more that 1.5 million website accepted our Lizocard.