Remote jobs how do you find that? 🐥

Daniil Polozov
14 replies
Hey guys needs your help. Now I am researching the issue of remote work and search. Can you tell me where and how you are looking, what difficulties arise when searching? What's website did you try and what's best of them? Thanks ❤️

Replies

Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
Weworkremotely, remoteok.io, remote.com, toptal, turing.com.
Daniil Polozov
@aarvy What do you prefer from this list? What do you pay attention to when searching?
Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
@jokerdab if you want short terms contracts toptal has a good recognition for the same. Turing's initial test is tough. Remoteok.io and we workremotely are for nomads so an easy go.
Maya Ben Zid
Hi, I've started remote working since the start of the pandemic. I've tried using zoom but it didn't work for me and my team since the features were a bit restrictive and it didn't feel familiar to use. Currently, we're using ovice.in and we've been using it for about 5 months and it's very convenient for us
Daniil Polozov
@maya_ovice I wrote about searching (like process) not working on something like zoom :3 I thought about jobs board, but thanks for answer, looking great ❤️
Mathilde Odel
Tedious but I have more time to do the work...
Paul Woodthorpe
I look at: - I've Tried That - We Work Remotely - Jobspresso - Remote.co - Simplyhired - TheDots I also have seen good success from Indeed using the "Remote Work" search query. The reason why I actually think Indeed is good whereas some of the others are not, is because Indeed can show you the latest jobs since your last visit. Something that other sites in that list tend to not do so you have to remember when you last went on and looked. Freelance sites can often be good for remote working jobs too. You have to work freelance obviously but there are a lot of gems on them where companies want to hire you to do well paid remote work on a permanent basis. It depends on you are happy being freelance or would rather have an employment contract.
Daniil Polozov
@exopaul Wow, thanks so much ❤️ Ya, I think big problem is separate remote work full-time and freelance.
Alejandro Cantarero
From the hiring manager side, we've sourced a number of remote full-time employees and part-time contractors through Angel List.
David T. Kim
Hi Daniil, The biggest pain point with remote work is the lack of total count of remote work and its distribution. Plenty of work can be found in the Bay Area, but not so much in others. Of course, this is correlated to the number of tech jobs, but I also believe that culture has a strong influence on this. In South Korea, we still frowned upon remote work. Hoping that this would change though.
Daniil Polozov
@david_t_kim Wow, thanks so much for this. It's so interesting, why South Korea has so strong rules for remote work?
David T. Kim
@david_t_kim @jokerdab Because employers presume workers don't work when no eyes are on them. But that's just ignoring the potential of remote work without thinking of correct measures.