What Websites or Apps do you use to plan your travel?

Moritz Wobith
23 replies
Where do you get inspiration? For how many persons do you plan your travels in average? What do you don't like about the existing tools?

Replies

Hannah S Kim
Airbnb is always a staple. I also look on skyscanner for cheap flights!
Moritz Wobith
@hannahsuyun And how do you plan holidays for example when traveling with friends?
Hannah S Kim
@hannahsuyun @mwobith I tend to look at travel blogs because they have a more realistic approach to planning than guidebooks- though I read a book by "Rough Guides" for Morocco like ten years ago and it was super helpful when traveling. I also look at a lot of online reviews for hotels/restaurants.
Moritz Wobith
@hannahsuyun @mwobith Very interesting! Is there anything what you miss or don't like when it comes travel planning? :)
Hannah S Kim
@hannahsuyun @mwobith I don't like figuring out how much I can fit into one day haha... I usually want to try out new activities but not be rushed, so figuring out that balance can be hard. I see you have a travel planning website, will check it out!
Moritz Wobith
I would love to discuss your opinions and thoughts!
T
airbnb is my choice, also tripadvisor.
Moritz Wobith
@oneflyke And how do you plan holidays for example when traveling with friends?
Moritz Wobith
@isnhp And how do you plan holidays for example when traveling with friends?
Raunaq Vaisoha
For leisure travel, I use YouTube, Google Maps and CityMapper. For instance, if I'm visiting a place like Tokyo, there are typically YouTubers with content on what to explore. I use their content to plan my itinerary. I then check out Google Maps to get a sense of the city and plan where I'd like to stay. Lastly, when I'm there I use CityMapper as it gives me a better point to point transport options than Google Maps (for instance for NYC it can even tell you which subway entrance to enter from, which can save a lot of time as a tourist). I don't really have issues with the tools. Would be cool to save a YouTuber's itinerary to Google Maps lists in a simpler way. Today, it's a manual entry process which I procrastinate on till last minute. It would be amazing to get like a real-time commentary on famous sites like areas/monuments while I'm there. Like be able to put my headphones on while I'm at a place and hear more about it.
Moritz Wobith
@raunaqvaisoha Thank you for your insights! I'm asking because I am working on such a travel planning tool to make traveling easier. I really would like to hear your opinion/feedback on travelwell.io :)
Raunaq Vaisoha
@mwobith Looks really cool! It's basically like Trello for friends planning a trip together right? that definitely solves a problem. I have a question though, what would be the additional benefit of your tool versus existing planning tools like Trello/Asana? I would imagine a way to connect plans that are created on your platform could enable discovery of itineraries. Kind of like pinning stuff on Pinterest and seeing pins that are similar to yours. That could be interesting. Curious to hear your thoughts on this.
Moritz Wobith
@raunaqvaisoha correct! It is like Trello for travel planning! We are currently developing features like upvote options, price comparisons and co2 calculators for your trips. That is also a great idea with the Pinterest like approach! So did I understand it right: for example that users can share their boards to inspire other users?
Raunaq Vaisoha
@mwobith Yes, basically allow their board to be public. This could be fun for them to see how many people have checked out their itinerary. Also, if they allow comments on their board then they can even advise other travellers, based on their experiences. Could be something fun for them to engage in even after their trip is over.
Moritz Wobith
@raunaqvaisoha that really could be a thing! Will discuss it today with my co-founder! This also seems like a cool option to get a better Customer loyalty! Thank you so much on your feedback!
Kendall Gelner
It depends - for some places like Disney, I use specialized sites like Disboards or WDWNewsToday. For more general travel I use Google, and often use TripAdvisor to look for reviews of specific things in that location I am thinking of visiting. Also since I like to do a lot of photography, I use photo sites like Flickr or 500px to view photos of places around the area, to see if there's anything cool I'd like to see. Generally I am planning along with my wife for just the two of us. I still have not found a great tool to keep track of not just things we want to see for sure and things that are set (like flights or places we are staying) but also things we kind of want to do if we have time, and are nearby. We usually have a lot of printouts too, it would be nice to have a tool to reduce that down into a really good summary printout with key info (as we always want a printout to show reservation info to people rather than relying on just phone alone).
Moritz Wobith
@kendall_gelner maybe www.travelwell.io would be an option for you! Here you can structure your trips in Transportation, Accomodation and Activities:) I would love to hear your feedback on that🚀
Sonu
Rather than installing multiple apps or tools on our device, it would be better to have a single app (i.e Flyfi) that can help you from planning to landing with real-time alerts, an interactive map, and your travel plan. Download - https://rb.gy/es6k0q
Justin_K
I really like to travel. But so far I haven't found an app to do it with. I am just planning a vacation and would like to fly business class flight. Only my travel agent knows where there are good deals on airline tickets.