Let's guess! What does your business do just by looking at it's name? (No links) 😎

Prathamesh Krisang
43 replies
This one is difficult. But let's put our assumptions to test. That's what we startups do all the time. And again, know the rules, 1. ☝️ Just write your company / product's name. 🚫 No explanation or links. 2. ✌️ Reply to atleast 2 other founders with your answer to what you think their product name means. The more you give, the more you get. 3. 👌 Do not explain what your company does for at least 24 hours from when you post your comment. This is for your benefit. 🚀 Credit to this idea goes to a contributor from IndieHackers.

Replies

Fritz Brumder
Our product is called Zipcan. What do you think we do? Or maybe more importantly how does it make you feel?
Fritz Brumder
@fritzly @olha_trykush Nope. Zipcan is a fast way to add video chat to your app or website. We wanted a name that felt quick and short. The only symbolism is Zip = fast and stitching together 2 things - our software piggybacks on other web apps and sites. Can is a reference to the old kids tin can phone.
Prathamesh Krisang
@fritzly At first glance it looked like something on the lines of WinZip or WinRar... Then I read your description.
Prathamesh Krisang
The name of our product is "Recast Studio" .. .What do you think it does? @abhinavsohani @satendra_kunwar
Prathamesh Krisang
@abhinavsohani @satendra_kunwar @krisang @jessehojjensen bang on... I am not sure if you already knew it or was it seriously a guess. :p
Jesse Jensen
@abhinavsoni @satendra_kunwar @jameskelley9 q(Question) Change on how it can be a good thing?
James Kelley
@abhinavsoni @satendra_kunwar @jameskelley9 @krisang I wish crypto.....We are real-time Leader Experience solution in Microsoft Teams where we drive inclusivity in a meeting environment.
James Kelley
@krisang Thank you. What are you working on?
Varun Gandhi
@jameskelley9 (without reading any replies 😬) Not sure what 'q' stands for but looks like change is the bigger and important element of what you do. More of a B2B setting where you help a company move from A to B. A to B could be a plan or strategy or approach or process. Some consulting?
Bastian Buch
Our Platform is called "The Mentoring Club" - what do we do?
Nikhil Dikshit
@mrdoubleb very descriptive. should be a place for mentors and mentees to connect?
Jesse Jensen
@mrdoubleb You mentor startups to be successful?
Prathamesh Krisang
@mrdoubleb I love such self descriptive names. A place where mentors come together and bitch about their mentees? LOL! Just kidding... It looks like a place to get mentored for any specific topic.
Olga Trykush
@jessehojjensen Is that an Antivirus Program?
Prathamesh Krisang
@jessehojjensen Secure your photos via encryption or something?
Jesse Jensen
@jessehojjensen @olha_trykush Nope. :) I can understand the antivirus part for secure, but not pik. SecurePik makes it easy for business owners and their customers to safely pick-up their goods at store, restaurant, cleaner, etc.
Jesse Jensen
@jessehojjensen @krisang Nice try. :) We would have used SecurePic if that was the case. SecurePik makes it easy for business owners and their customers to safely pick-up their goods at store, restaurant, cleaner, etc.
Olga Trykush
Great post, what do you think 'Gingersauce' does?
Prathamesh Krisang
@olha_trykush helps you make your food better?
Prathamesh Krisang
@lluis_m_ventura something related to growth?
Varun Gandhi
@lluis_m_ventura Looks like a word made of two words. Co + meet. Co can be a company or a group of people or like-minded people. Meet is a meeting. .me is for me as an individual / a person. Comeet.me - A place where I meet like minded people like myself?
advait vaidya
Hi folks, the name is "HubbleForm"
Varun Gandhi
@advait_vaidya Hubble is more of a brand element to the name rather than a function, it seems. Form is function. More like GoogleForm or TypeForm or JotForm. Is it?
advait vaidya
@advait_vaidya @varun_gandhi yup, but I also thought Hubble (the satellite one) for a collector thing as it also collects information from space :P Thanks by the way for the response.. :)
Varun Gandhi
Ours is 'being'. What do you think?
Nate Shastry
Love this post idea! We are "ChoiceIQ"! What do you think?
Prathamesh Krisang
@nate_shastry Is it some kind of a product around giving recommendations to users using AI?