With SO MUCH 3rd-party software out there, what is ACTUALLY required at launch?

Triv Andhare
5 replies

Replies

Roger Yomba Ngue
By my own experience, it is your creation. URL with a message + videos and picture to illustrate your product and it uses: functionalities and features.
Triv Andhare
This is not product specific, rather usage specific. My list so far: - Customer Support/Success (Intercom etc) - Marketing (Mailchimp, Active Campaign etc) - Subscription Management (Chargify etc) - Payment Gateway (Fast Spring etc) - (MAYBE) a CRM (Hubspot, Active Campaign etc) Am I on the right track? Too much? Too little? I've thought about what key business processes look like at start-up and come up with this list, without blowing the budget out of the water. What do you experts think?
Mohamed Mezian
It depends on your leads acquisition strategy. If it's low touch (minimal interactions), you only need a chat (intercom), a support board (jira), integrated payment systems (stripe elements or stripe checkout). A free trello board to manage your ideas, brainstorm and communicate with your team. Obviously, you'll need a website and a facebook/twitter/insta pages although no tools are needed to manage them. Facebook Business Manager & Google Adwords for running ads, Apple Search ads if you have a mobile app. If you intend to have a High touch attribution model (manually managing your leads to make them subscribe), then I recommend getting a good CRM and/or an email sequencing tool (reply.io). I can get you a free website and CRM from our inhouse startups if you send me a PM.
Triv Andhare
@augurisk Thanks for the comment. Focusing on a low-touch model, agree with all your suggestions. However, I would add one more software perhaps: a good marketing subscription management system (unless Intercom now performs this function) to truly understand your customer usage and behaviour. I believe this is where a subscription or marketing automation would come in handy.
Mohamed Mezian
@trivial Hi Trivial, indeed this is important. However, if you use Stripe, they ship with most features you need for this