What defines us and the future of our world? Tell me why?

Gordian Overschmidt
11 replies

Replies

Russ Haywood
I'd add: "The needs and whims of The Rich." :) We often forget the immense power structures that define our world for us. Basic decisions by the powerful, a few months or years ago, actually have a profound impact on our day. Looking at New Zealand's pandemic response vs. the USA's is a great and present illustration. We could also talk similarly about the choices many leaders (and the extreme wealth that backs them) made in the early 2000s--especially around climate change.
Gordian Overschmidt
@russ_haywood I had a fascinating discussion with an educator yesterday; she mentioned that, in general, "the fishes" are open to absorb. As always, without raising interest, they will take everything for granted and tend to follow the "loudest" influence. That is why we decided to raise awareness, create a safe hub for thinking, reflecting, and exploring. Committed to nothing else but an authentic, transparent, and open decision-process. I am not sure if I can point it out here, but please try ODE and give me your feedback if you think we are on the right track.
Gordian Overschmidt
@russ_haywood yeap, you are right. Influence, power, and echo chambers are the topics to check for better decision-making. And yes, again, it is decisions that start any action for good or bad. We are convinced that this needs to be taken care of. If individuals experience the power and possibilities of their decisions, they will likely request, not to say, demand participation. We need to train and empower bottom-up. Make people better decision-makers for personal, professional matters, and society.
Russ Haywood
@russ_haywood @gordianoverschmidt Thanks for the thoughts, Gordian. Totally agree. I also worry about the fish/water problem: How do we get fish to actually think about the water they breathe every second of every day of their existence? If they float by analyzing their every breath, then what hope is there for fish to see and protest those who control the water in the tank?
Tanya Volkova
That's a difficult question. Can I choose the mixture of all of these? :)
Gordian Overschmidt
@tanya_volkova that brings us to the problem: too many choices! But in the end it is your decision, unfortunately at this point, the tool does not cater for it. But you can try out ODE if you like and give me some feedback if it can help you with difficult questions.
Gordian Overschmidt
@tanya_volkova sorry to confuse you. It was about the tool I brought here to raise awareness for the importance of carefully think about decisions, to reflect and learn. The tool is called ODE.
Tanya Volkova
@tanya_volkova @gordianoverschmidt ah ok, i didn't get it at first. will check it out - i do need to decide on a couple of things :)
Gordian Overschmidt
@tanya_volkova Great! Let me know how it worked out. I am always curios. If you need my help drop me line.