Do you still make cold calls? Do you believe they are even effective these days? What do you think?

Vartika Jaiswal
14 replies

Replies

Amira Mansour
Interesting question! I would rather not do cold calls. I prefer well targeted sales techniques. I do receive cold calls time to time, and I've never been convinced by a product or a service that way.
Vartika Jaiswal
@sansa Thanks for the compliment! :) So coming to ADOHM - It is a Artificial intelligence based marketing & sales cloud to identify, target and reach out to potential and existing customers. The goal is to build a new age marketing platform powered by AI designed to be a modern marketer secret weapon which can automate the process, deliver campaigns with minimal wastage of budgets and higher ROI on ad spends. Do you mind having a look and providing us with your sincere feedback: https://www.producthunt.com/post... According to me the most important thing about cold calls is your offer is only going to resonate and be relevant for the right customer. You need to do a bit of homework, check out their role, their responsibility, the better you can do this the more comfortable you're going to be making the call. Just blindly calling a company Marketing department or just trying to get anyone on the board is not going to work. As my goal was to book more speaking opportunities, I decided to target Marketing Managers/ Digital Marketing Executives of one industry at a time. If I could get them on the phone, then I knew my offer was going to be of at least some interest.
Vartika Jaiswal
@sansa We have been trying cold calling from past four years, and it pretty much working for us. Recently, we started using ADOHM Automation, through which we automated our whole process of email, SMS, whatsapp sequences and from this we got an excellent results.
Amira Mansour
@vartikaa_jaiswal You must be really talented 😍 ! Can you give more insight about ADOHM? What is according to you the most important thing about cold calls?
Sanaz Bidad
Dear Vartika, What is a cold call?
Vartika Jaiswal
@sanaz_bidad Basically Cold calling is a technique in which a salesperson contacts individuals who have not previously expressed interest in the offered products or services. It typically refers to solicitation by phone or telemarketing.
Sanaz Bidad
@vartikaa_jaiswal thank you so much for explanation:)
If they're cold, warm them up first :)
Felix Sjöstedt
@rawoyemi Agree, visit their linkedin page or send them an email. Present yourself and the product your selling and tell them you will call in a couple of days. Maybe then they will answer and know how to respond to your offer :)
Vartika Jaiswal
@felix_sjostedt I agree! Thanks for the tip Felix. We at ADOHM are using this technique from the last 3-4 months and I must say that it is helping us getting good response rate as when we say "I am from ADOHM" they know what we do and listen us what offer we have for them.
Amira Mansour
@rawoyemi Hahah. That makes sense! Thank you for this insight :)
Dhanyal Radha Gopi
Cold messages and emails have been working great for me specially since last 3-4 months. Will be using cold calls as the last resort.
Vartika Jaiswal
@dhanyalgopi Sounds cool, good luck! I'm happy it is working for you, we might try it too!