Launching next week - what big mistakes one can avoid? How to approach hunters in the best way?

Andrew Sorohan
9 replies
Hi friends and hunters, Relatively new here, but excited to launch our new product next week. Any tips and tricks you'd recommend for newbies here? What not to do? How to approach hunters in the best way? Thanks, Andrew

Replies

Ana Bibikova
There are many discussions on this topic all over the community. Looks like it;'s helpful to spend a bit more than a week here before the product launch, just to feel the vibe of the community. Besides, the most important part of launching on PH is to be genuine. If you're here just to take and not to give (I'm certain that's not the case, it's just something to keep in mind) there is a big chance the launch won't be that big:) anyway. all the best and wish you good luck with your launch.
Andrew Sorohan
@anab Hi Ana, great points! By nature, I enjoy helping out and giving - so happy to help with anything I can :) Thank you <3
Victor Daniel Cardenas
@anab Hey Ana! Another new member of the community here. Have heard this advice quite a bit (be a part of the community, etc). What does this mean punctually? What can founders do to become more involved? Comment and give feedback on launches? Appreciate your support :)
Ana Bibikova
@victorcc awesome question. There are numerous guidelines on this one as well. What's basically recommended is being helpful and share your ideas, support and experience in whatever field you have it. On the other hand, I don't believe you'll ever get step-by-step guideline on efficient communications. I tend to think of this PH community as of a group of real people one might encounter in real life. Imagine you get a new job and join a totally new team. Sure, you've done your homework, read a lot about this particular company culture and vibe. But it all comes down to your particular reactions in very particular circumstances that are always unique. Even if an "PH efficient communications 101" handbook existed (huh....someone should use it as an idea for a startup lol), it doesn't mean everyone would implement its principles and get similar results. We're all different people with different backgrounds, strong sides and experiences. Just be yourself and contribute. Hope, it makes sense to you :)
Victor Daniel Cardenas
@anab this is super helpful! Will just try to be as active as possible and provide advice to founders whenever possible. Have a great day :)
Jacqueline von Tesmar
Check out our guide for launching on Product Hunt https://help.producthunt.com/en/... There's also lots of great info in our FAQ: https://help.producthunt.com/ We're excited to have you join the community! 😻
Andrew Sorohan
@jacqvon thanks so much for sharing these links, Jacqueline - I am super excited too! <3
Sreekanth PM
Hope you already had beta running with adequate beta users.