What do you think about contactless Pickup?

Jesse Jensen
7 replies
Hi Hunters and Makers, I am making a product where you can just pick up the goods you ordered without having to meet an employee while at the store. Would you feel safer, better, etc.? Would you go to that store often just to pick-up your goods? If not, why? Thanks.

Replies

Arseniy
I can only really see this as advantageous when waits for grocery deliveries are too long, or maybe during rush hour at the supermarket as long as it's quick & easy to pick up your delivery. Also, how do you plan to get over the hurdle of products for which one needs to present ID to buy?
Arseniy
@jessehojjensen Thanks for the clarification. So something akin to a drive through experience, where one orders their shopping in advance via you and the supermarket then provides the till and pick-up station. Sounds like a nice idea, only big risk is that if people like your product, any supermarket chain can replicate it without too much ado.
Jesse Jensen
@arseniyw Thanks for that viewpoint. The store would verify your age by the credit card or whatever process they would use. The mobile phone would also be used as a form of ID. We have nothing to do with the placing of the order, we would only do the Picking up part.
Jesse Jensen
@arseniyw Yes, you got everything, but there is no till (register). When you get to the Pick up station you just respond to the text that you are there and it opens. Thus you take your goods and go. In regards to replicating it, we have a patent on it. ;)
It depends on the transparency on how your products/goods are being prepped, packed, and set up to be picked up. I know things are a bit crazy right now but I feel comfort in seeing someone using the right safety protocols to fulfill my order. My gripe is more with the other customer's not respecting the rules/personal space lol.
Jesse Jensen
@gabe__perez Totally agree. I see at Whole Foods (at least where I go to) they are very strict about it. I went to a Publix that was supposed to be a whole foods competitor (Greenwise) none of them wore gloves, when scanning the food at the checkout. I still spray my groceries after I come from the store. So I am getting a kind of no (transparency) and kind of a yes (customer with no clue of personal space or lack/refusal of mask). Tell me how you would feel in this scenario then: What if, you ordered online from at a store that you trusted, that allowed you to pick up the goods from the store, only lets you in and nobody else, till you pick up and exit out with your order? Would you feel better about shopping there?
@jessehojjensen that last scenario seems a bit ideal in the case of a pandemic. I wouldn't go as far as limiting it to only 1 person though, I could see that causing some long wait times. PS. Publix Cookies are the best.