What is your go-to productivity hack?

Manuela Bárcenas
6 replies

Replies

Leandro
Being extremely aware of tasks that drain my energy vs tasks that replenish it. My calendar is structured accordingly, so that there is a good balance of both.
Christian Heine
@leandro8209 Definitely good advice. In addition, I also noticed that some type of tasks work (much) better at certain times of the day. I (usually) start with focus work in the morning and switch to more communication-heavy as well as creative work in the afternoon. The best timing is probably different for everyone, though.
Ikenna Paschal
@leandro8209 @christianheine This is insightful. I am yet to actually develop a blueprint for managing my day.
Coffee. On a bit more serious note. Similar to @leandro8209~ Taking intermittent breaks and trying to stick with my "break schedule". I've found that I can be glued to my work without break for a whole day but it doesn't result to be as productive as when I take a break to spend time with fam, workout, or have a nice meal.
Eddie H.
I block social media sites using my hosts file. I have a bad habit of opening a new tab and perusing social media when my mind doesn't feel like solving complex problems. I find that the biggest barrier to achieving flow state is actually just starting ramp up to get there, which could take a while.
Hunter Carter
Take the time each morning to decide on the "1 big thing" of the day. Then do that one thing first. Everything after that is gravy. This ensures the priority always gets addressed. Optimizes over the long term while allowing for variation in the short term.