What it's means to be a hunter on PH?

Abubaker Saeed
9 replies
I've just launched my very first small product here and I am both the maker and the hunter (which is confusing me), my question is: what is a hunter and how I, myself is a hunter of my own product? I've just joined Product hunt last month and pretty much new here. Any help is appreciated :) Thank you ^_^

Replies

Leandro
Hi Abubaker, welcome to Product Hunt! A hunter is anyone who posts a product. A maker is anyone who had a part in creating the product. You can be both hunter and maker, or someone else can also hunt your product.
Leandro
@abubakersaeed On our side there is no benefit of someone else hunting your product.
Abubaker Saeed
@leandro8209 Thank you, Leandro! :) One more question, is there is any benefit when someone, other than you (a maker), hunt your product?
Leandro
@abubakersaeed You're welcome! Any further questions, feel free to message us via the Intercom bubble on this website or send us an email to hello@producthunt.com.
Abubaker Saeed
@leandro8209 hmm... understood! Thank you Leandro :)
Gianluca Cinellu
@leandro8209 Thank you, I was looking for the answer and came here from Google
Angeli Zhao
Great question that im sure all newbies can relate to. thank you for asking since im struggling with the same questions.