How do you reach out to B2B companies to try your product?

Danyub Mustefa
16 replies
We have a bunch of email leads, we are offering deals on F6S and other communities but we are yet to figure out any acquisition channels that actually works. Would anyone like to impart some of their wisdom?

Replies

Johan Cutych
tl;dr Have a nice looking product, clear target audience where you bring real value, be consistent, send reminders quite far apart. We had many failures and sent many emails that no one answered. With Welder (https://www.getwelder.com/) we finally succeeded and got B2Bs to try our product and validate with us. First, we needed to find out who is the potential target market. So we created a video ad that we ran on the YT video of GaryVee where he talks about the importance of content. Most importantly he was doing it completely remotely. Thus people who watch it could have the intention of creating content remotely. Thanks to that we saw a variety of signups and between them B2B signups as well. When there was a clear pattern in which B2Bs are signing up we hired a guy to find more of them on LinkedIn, list them and reach to them. The email was pretty short, straight to the point that we believe Welder will be a huge asset for them and that they should jump on a call with us. The important part was sending 2 reminders that were quite far apart (7 days). And most of the responses we got were from these reminders. I believe the people were in a different place in their life (maybe more time, less stress etc). We sent about 400 mails, got 60 responses, and 30 solid interests in the product. I also believe that design is the easiest way to build trust. And that the good looking LP we have helped us a lot. So, good product that makes sense for a clear target audience and then a lot of consistency.
Danyub Mustefa
@johan_cutych This are very actionable insights guys, thank you so much!
Revulet Oleg
Just keep in mind, even if you are selling to businesses, actually you are dealing with people. Try to figure out who is the person (position) in those companies who actually will benefit from your product (can be few, example for one your product reduce the time of doing something, for his manager you reduce the cost of doing something), and who make decisions (can be a different person). Find them through LinkedIn for example, and try to speak to them through their own point of view using their words (usually it's about money, revenue, costs). Try to find out, how much it cost them now this problem/solution.
Danilo Sierra
@revulet_oleg Marketer here working in b2b. I agree with this 100%
Danyub Mustefa
@revulet_oleg That is an amazing way to get started. Thank you so much. We were just collecting cold leads, with no plans where to get started.
Andreea Bunica
fully agree to what @revulet_oleg said. I'd add on top of that- try to find the places where these guys hang out in the digital space, and engage in discussion. I've seen in my own startup as well, if I just go and directly contact someone with the goal of sharing my product, they shut down and ignore you and you can loose really great leads like that. So try to make conversations, to engage with them around the topic you're interested in finding more about, and once you make a personal connection, they will be so much interested in what you're building. They need to connect to you as a human just as much as you need to connect to them.
Bill Flitter
It depends upon your buyer, the more senior they are in an organization, the harder they will be to reach. Many have personal assistants that stand between you and them. Who is your buyer? Generally, here are 5 things that work: 1. LinkedIn is a great place to start and engage with prospects. If you can afford it, buy Sales Navigator. It will help you find prospects easier. 2. There are also plenty of 3rd party tools that integrate with LinkedIn where you can search and send an email right and track progress. All you need to do is search Product Hunt. But for example: use Hunter.io to find their email address - others: DuxSoup. A few of the companies I advise use - https://octopuscrm.io/, and https://www.prospectin.fr/ 3. Spend time creating valuable content that addresses your prospect pain point. This is not a quick hit but overtime is a great channel. Once you have enough content, repurpose it in the form of ebooks/lead magnets for your different verticals for example. 4. And of course SEO. That is still a big acquisition channel - it takes time but is very profitable in the end. 5. Jump on Quora and participate. Ask and answer questions. It can be a huge acquisition channel if done right. It's a process and takes time. - Bill http://fixmygrowth.com P.S. If you are looking for some old school face-to-face relationship building tactics, I encourage you to read Swim With the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alice by Harvey MacKay
Ikenna Paschal
@billflitter That's actionable, not vague like most startup advice. I honestly can't wait to start see fixmygrowth in action.
Danyub Mustefa
@billflitter That's actually a relevant to do list for us. I think we will try out every single ones. Thank you so much :)
Bill Flitter
@ikennaobieze I appreciate that! should be ready to go by monday. just one last walk through to make sure all is working.
Yash Tekriwal
@danyubmustefa this is pretty much exactly what we do at www.jjellyfish.com :P The answer tends to be nuanced and longer than I could fit onto a thread (if it was simpler we wouldn't have a business 😆) but I'm happy to chat with you quickly sometime if it would be helpful to you.
Stan Rymkiewicz
I made this twitter thread on how I booked a meeting with the CEO of Drift. Check it out here: https://twitter.com/stanrym/stat...
Danyub Mustefa
@stan_rymkiewicz Hmm, the conversion should do much better if we follow this tactic. One follow up, how much time did it take to do the research and booking the call?