What's the last acquisition method that worked for you (but you didn't expect it would)?

Darko Williams
5 replies
Let me start first: - Posting on a niche community forum (without an explicit mention of my product). People just clicked on my profile, checked my bio/product and signed up. So I've basically used curiosity, under-estimating the effort people would take to get curious and check out my profile. What about you?

Replies

Aaron O'Leary
SMS services such as Community.com, the ease of signing up for users and the OR and CTR rates are incredible. Specifically good for a short form newsletter of sorts.
Bill Flitter
Resurrecting a non-response list using the following format. -- Subject line: Hey [First Name], [emoji] Body copy: [ ~9-word open-ended question] -- Simple and effective - 50% open rate and over 400 replies. - Bill https://FixMyGrowth.com
Vita Benes
Posting on HN. In January, 1 link got 1600+ upvotes, generating 55k visits, this month, another link got 800+ upvotes and lead to 35k visits. It's like a lottery, but when it works, it works massively.
Eliana Cameira
Posting educational content ('How-to') on Youtube.