Move fast and breaks things? What to do when you get stuck.

Bishal Saha
7 replies
Pls explain what you guys will do in such situations?

Replies

Harri Arain
People will like you to believe that keep on trying the same thing till it works is the best way you can address this issue, however the creative way it to change the way you think and how you approach the issue. So the smart way is to change your approach and get it done through a different way.
Sumit Datta [dwata] πŸ‘‹
Hey Bishal, I am sure you made a typo there since the context is very different - the actual quote is "Move **fast** and break things". Basically speed matters. But in reality it does not matter as much as people think. If you listen to successful founders, you will notice that more of them took many months, maybe 18 months or more, to get to product market fit. Now with that context, when you do get stuck, you need to think: - What are you stuck with - can you do something else instead? - Is it really super important for the customer? - Have you validated that there is not shorter way to get this solved? You can start from these questions and you can decide to either somehow solve what you are stuck with or avoid or find a way around.
Bishal Saha
@sumitdatta Sorry for the typo and thanks for the explanation ❀️It's really hard to validate what I am working on and now I have better ideas. What should I do?
Sumit Datta [dwata] πŸ‘‹
@bishal_saha1 Every product or business will have tough spots. Else everyone would have done it. If you want to solve difficult problems, like your tagline says, then you have to actually "solve" them. It needs perseverance. If you are struggling with that, then you can try other ideas which are easier to validate. I used to struggle a lot with perseverance, and perhaps that is the biggest reason for all my startup failures. We all need to tackle that at one point or another. Sometimes there is not alternative to pushing through.
Bishal Saha
@sumitdatta You know working on many projects, going through YC Startup School & taking to so many people I feel like solving difficult problems actually meant problems which are different for others and which I am good at! What are your thoughts about it? Should we solve problems that are difficult for others or problems that are difficult in general? Btw what are your thoughts about my idea => https://circleai.web.app Still working on it though.