Would you play an app for online challenges?

Katie Ames
18 replies

Replies

Harsh Gelda
Like the NERVE, but LEGAL!
Katie Ames
@harsh_gelda lol, yes. I'm imagining that challenges that build people up / build community will be more popular than ones that are like the nerve. If you want to try it out let me know.
Katie Ames
@harsh_gelda Hello - it's on the app store now (assuming you are in America - I think that's the only place it is now.) under "GamOn". •A couple of things - you can select a game, perhaps fitness challenge or self-care might be fun. •You'll be taken to the add friends page, which will probably be blank - no worries, it's because the app only shows your friends who have also downloaded the game. If you hard click the app you can share it with a friend. •In the game, you can just click tiles as you do / experience them in real life - the first to 9 wins. ps. You'll be asked two questions when you log on - set both notification and contacts to yes. If you click wrong you can update it in your main Settings->GamOn Of course I'd love any feedback you have!
Harsh Gelda
@katie_ames oooh. That's unfortunate! I'm not from America. Hoping for it to be a success though, so that it can be world-wide soon!!
Sharon Cohen
I'm addicted to challenges (by itself) and to video games, so that's an easy yes. I've also found that there's a direct link to people who enjoy video games the most and people who are introverts/ people who are scared to live life to the fullest even though they want to/ people who are in business. Sometimes all 3 🤓 *I recently read an article how playing video games helps founders with business. Don't know if it's helpful but thought I'd put it here just in case
Katie Ames
@sharon_cohen2 Thanks and yes! I saw an article saying that gamification (which they were defining strictly in the business and education world), is expected to be a 12 billion dollars industry in 2020. https://review42.com/gamificatio...
Katie Ames
@sharon_cohen2 Ok - it's called GamOn and is on the app store (hopefully you have an apple device). •A couple of things - you can select a game, perhaps fitness challenge or self-care might be fun. •You'll be taken to the add friends page, which will probably be blank - no worries, it's because the app only shows your friends who have also downloaded the game.If you hard click the app you can share it with a friend. •In the game, you can just click tiles as you do / experience them in real life - the first to 9 wins. ps. You'll be asked two questions when you log on - set both notification and contacts to yes. If you click wrong you can update it in your main Settings->GamOn
Katie Ames
@sharon_cohen2 Also, if you want to test out my online challenge app, let me know!
Dan Manning
What kind of "online challenge"?
Katie Ames
@dan_manning hello! Right now it has fitness challenges, restaurant challenges, ideally I'd be partnering with people or businesses and letting them build and then have people compete to "win" whatever type of challenge they want.
Rajesh kumar
I love it. And I think it's something that's not fully explored by many makers. My daily screen time during lockdown has increased to 3 hours and I prefer spending atleast part of that time on products that adds some value. That's where these types of apps are helping me. Actually I am working on something like that. You could check out our app "The Paradime" which is still in beta and in sandbox mode.
Katie Ames
@ifour O! is it on test flight? Congrats on the beta!
Rajesh kumar
@katie_ames Yes, thank you! Also please let me know when your product is ready. I would love to test it!
Katie Ames
@ifour Hello - it's on the app store now (assuming you are in America - I think that's the only place it is now.) under "GamOn". •A couple of things - you can select a game, perhaps fitness challenge or self-care might be fun. •You'll be taken to the add friends page, which will probably be blank - no worries, it's because the app only shows your friends who have also downloaded the game. If you hard click the app you can share it with a friend. •In the game, you can just click tiles as you do / experience them in real life - the first to 9 wins. ps. You'll be asked two questions when you log on - set both notification and contacts to yes. If you click wrong you can update it in your main Settings->GamOn Of course I'd love any feedback you have!
Rajesh kumar
@katie_ames I was able to install it even though I am not from America. However I could not find any friends to play so didn't get a chance to check it fully. The app looks neat and I would definitely love to spend time with it once I get my friend to install it! All the best!