Anyone use mindmaps to prepare presentations or articles?

Alex Prismotrov
8 replies
Hi folksπŸ‘‹ Anyone use mindmaps to prepare presentations or articles? I would really appreciate a short call to ask a few questions. If you interested please DM me! πŸ‘ p.s. I need that for my startup (mindmapping and visual thinking service) to figure out what solutions you use πŸ‘€, what are their pros&cons etc.

Replies

Samantha Merlivat
I use them for a lot of things. Honestly one of the best for me was FreeMind, I used it for the long time but I've now been looking for a more cooperative (=online) tool. I tried Coggle recently but the interface was too distracting and unwieldy. It was constantly dis-organizing my thoughts, if that makes sense. Testing MindMeister and MindNode right now, and like them so far.
Alex Prismotrov
@samanthamerlivat thank you for sharing! I have several follow up questions regarding tools you mentioned. I would appreciate if you answer. Can we book a short call (or I can send questions in chat or just right here)?
Alex Prismotrov
@samanthamerlivat thank you! For what tasks (scenarios) do you need "cooperative (=online)" tool?
Samantha Merlivat
@new_user_2382edc32a We use it for a number of things, especially to structure discussions and decision-making when planning. This is the kind of scenarios where we use the maps in a cooperative manner: 1. Preparing content: could be for a site page, or to prepare video content....One person plans the outline in the mindmap, then we review together, move things around, chose what to include, what not, what to expand on, etc. 2. Structure content: For instance, redoing our website architecture. We mapped it in a mindmap, used the mindmap to organize our discussion and redistribute elements as we made decisions. 2. Plan activites (like marketing): When we start a new planning phase, we map togehter in the tool different channels in a mindmap, then add the different initiatives we can do for each channel. We work on it at the same time to brainstorm, then prioritize. I hope that helps.
Alex Prismotrov
@samanthamerlivat thank you for the detailed responce! Several follow ups: 1. What solution works best for you in content preparing / structuring tasks? 2. Do you somehow export result mindmap to any formats (txt / pdf / image) after preparing?
Samantha Merlivat
@new_user_2382edc32a You can send questions here, I'll do my best to answer!
Vincenthaywood
Just used Miro yesterday - was in a face to face meeting, but so much better than post it’s on the wall. Had my Mac displaying it on the screen as a whole, then the team were on their iPads. Using it again today for a zoom call
Alex Prismotrov
@vincenthaywood thank you for sharing! Do you use Miro for mindmapping?