What are your favourite Explainer videos?

Ronan Wall
5 replies
I'm drafting the VO for the explainer video for my product right now, and I'm reviewing other explainer videos for ideas. They all seem to follow a very similar format (animated, problem statement followed by an introduction of the product etc). This format obviously works but I'd love to create something a little less generic and more memorable. It would be great if you could share your favourite explainer videos (or your own explainer videos) and let me know what you like about them. Thank you!

Replies

Victor Burke
Hi Ronan, One of my favorites was created for Spotify https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zV... It’s a fun video and really speaks to their audience. Best of luck!
Cian McCarthy
Hey Ronan! This video won 'Explainer Video of the Year 2018' and makes great use of questions as hooks, maybe something you might like to consider. Best of luck! :)
Vincenthaywood
I'm a fan of the animations to a certain degree - but more from an emphasis on the product rather than the generic cookie cutter prebuilt ones. From a video perspective I think Dollarshave club nailed it :
And Fiverr recently did a good one :
Note these are 'humour' but they all open with a pain point - something that's bothering the user
Ronan Wall
@vincenthaywood These are great. Although my lack of comic timing somewhat limits my options : )