A poll for soloprenuers and indie-makers

Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
5 replies
Since I am solo-maker. I don't hire anyone for marketing. This poll is for understanding how other successful solo-makers are doing and how one is better than other.

Replies

Mark Hennings
If you can learn how to do the marketing and put the time in, you probably should because even if you hire someone to do the marketing you'll want to have some background in it so you can oversee their work and make sure they are on point. If you don't know how to manage your marketers then outsourcing the marketing is about as risky as outsourcing the product development. However, if you decide to take it on yourself, don't make the mistake of focusing too much on product, neglecting your marketing, and then being sad when no one uses your product and giving up–in that scenario it would be better to hire a marketer, or hire and fire a few marketers I guess until something works. Don't accept a false negative on your product's success because initial marketing didn't work.
Seterek Lakshit
Growing on social media first? Maybe then i will try to market my product
Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
@setereklakshit what is the difference between market and growing on social media according to you?? I though both are same
Sumit Datta [dwata] πŸ‘‹
At this moment (very early stage) I am doing everything by myself. But I will be happy to find a co-founder or have a small team when my finances permit (sales or investment).