How important is a professional email address for a freelancer?

Csaba Apagyi
11 replies
I've noticed that it's quite cumbersome to set up a professional email address. For example, it involves purchasing and maintaining a domain. I'm testing a service aimed at simplifying this process: https://vanity.services/?utm_sou... Would appreciate your feedback about the landing page and your experience / opinion about setting up a professional email address.

Replies

Subash Gautam
I don't think its that important. I would trust a freelancer who don't have a professional email.
Hussein Yahfoufi
Interesting idea! I usually setup a free Zoho account to get going. Uniregistry I think charged $2/month but you have to bring your own domain for both of those options. Aesthetically the landing page looks good but it doesn't really explain what you do. I knew what the product was because of the discussion here otherwise it doesn't not say much.
Lars Karbo
@husseinyahfoufi Don't think the zoho accounts are free anymore (with no restrictions and IMAP), but old accounts are grandfathered
Csaba Apagyi
@husseinyahfoufi Thanks! I'm working on articulating the selling points now, will ping you once they're ready.
Michelle Ngome
I don't worry about it. Emails have become expensive.
Csaba Apagyi
@michelle_ngome Thanks! This was one of the motivation behind Vanity. We plan to start as low as $1/month for an email and subdomain.
Tom Jacquesson
I don’t think it’s important at all. But, often, tools I want to try out ask for a « business email » and refuse mais gmail account. This is quite frustrating, maybe there’s something you can do about it.
Csaba Apagyi
@thomas_jacquesson1 Thanks! That is indeed frustrating and it is an important benefit of Vanity to be able to use your address as a business address.
Alparslan Kapani
Landing page is not that important if you also consider the setup, maintenance, fees... Linkedin or other professional networks, marketplaces can solve your problem. Also they can attract more visitors to your profile. But professional email address could be useful depending on what kind of business you re in and the price range of your service.