Feedback on explainer video

Hussein Yahfoufi
12 replies
I am working on an explainer video. If anyone has a couple minutes, would love some feedback on it. If you can watch the video then let me know here what you think our product is about (before visiting the site) that would be super!

Replies

Dady Ismael
Pretty straight forward not bad....but l would prefer Explanation video with voice over
Olga Trykush
Nice video! I would also add a voice-over, and I would make texts shorter. Love the characters, they are so cute 😁 Also, the video is good, but not very catchy - maybe you can play with some phrases or create a special ToV for it. Take inspiration from the cartoons and how they work on creating personas for each character. I understand that you have a short video, but still, you need to add something creative, to make it more remarkable. Good luck, you're on the right way!
Gilad Uziely
Hi Hussein, Just 2 comments: 1- The problem: You state that: "He's having trouble updating a spreadsheet every month to track his networth and investments". Doesn't sound like a good statement of the problem. Is updating the spreadsheet the problem/pain you are trying to solve for your users? My guess is that your answer is No! Consider changing it to something stronger like: He's struggling to understand his networth and make sense of his investments (I'm sure you can come up with something stronger). 2 - With Money mix you can calculate your NETWORK - shouldn't it be networth? (0:18 into the video). Hope it helps :)
@user It sounds to me that you are recording alle the different assets of your user, money, shares... I would expect that the current value of the assets is automatically calculated and I've something like a overall value indicated... but that's only my phantasy and expectation on your product, you did not talk about it.
Hussein Yahfoufi
@user @timz_flowers you are spot on, thank you! But I can see now that we should explain it a bit more to make it clean.
Caroline Chiari
I like the text only video, though I could see the appeal for a voiceover that other suggested. I caught the "network" typo too. My one comment though is that, even though I do have a lot of investments in various places, I don't see it as "tracking my net worth". To me as a regular user, I see it as tracking my investment. When I hear net worth, I hear Bezos, Gates, Buffet, Cuban etc, which makes it seem expensive, and exclusive. Though you are tracking the correct metric, I think a more user-friendly term could be "financial health", or finances or just money. That's just my one opinion.
Parag B.
My first impression form watch just the video alone, is that its some sort of app that helps with financial spreadsheets, like spreadsheet templates. Maybe the word ‘spreadsheets’ just has brings up a powerful association with excel for me