What does it mean by "someone else hunt your product?"

Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
5 replies
I already have my product listed here but I am still very new to understand the terminology used here. All random articles related to product hunt are very confusing because all are using the phrase, "hunting the product" Can someone give me a clear explanation of what does it mean? Is it the same as, listing my product here? Another thing I found here on official blog: https://blog.producthunt.com/how..., this following line . “top hunters” or influencers to get your product hunted . What does it mean by someone else hunt my product? How it can be possible when I am using my account to list products here? Also, are hunters the same as mentors??

Replies

Hussein Yahfoufi
when Product Hunt first started, you needed special access or privilege on the site to allow you to add a new project (essential to Hunt it). But since then they changed the way the system works and that is no longer necessary. BUT old habits die hard, so a lot of people still look for someone to "hunt" aka post the product for them.
Tarek Dajani
@husseinyahfoufi @aarvy Hey Rjan, no difference, hunt the product means post the product on product hunt. Hussein explains it perfectly, but I felt that you're still confused :)
Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
@husseinyahfoufi does it make any difference ??? why they are not doing on their own???
Leandro
Hi there! Hunting the product is the same as posting the product. Once you have access, anyone can post/hunt any product here. Hunters are not the same as mentors. Hope this clarifies it for you.