[SHIP] What do you think about the Pro Offer?

Fabien Fournier
5 replies
Hi Product Hunters! I'm Fabien, Product Manager at Misakey. We're building a professional end-to-end encrypted chat and have planned a launch Product Hunt at the end of September 👉 https://www.producthunt.com/upco... Before that, I thought we may need a Ship Upcoming Page to give early access for people interested in the product but products are not referenced on Product Hunt in the free offer. So I wanted to know if any of you have tried to launch products with Ship and if the paid offer is really interesting for visibility? Thanks for the feedback! :)

Replies

Chris Wray
I would love to know the answer to this as well.
Hussein Yahfoufi
I have an upcoming page and am paying for the Pro subscription 👉 https://www.producthunt.com/upco... With the pro subscription, your product will get promoted in the upcoming section of Product Hunt which can help you get more sign ups. For my product this is good visibility and a way to get people that I will hopefully get support from when we launch on PH. For you it may actually give you potential customers since you target startups, developers, etc. which is who most likely will sign up for an upcoming product on here.
Fabien Fournier
@husseinyahfoufi Thank you for the answer. I took a look at your product it seems really cool! Did you have any idea how many subscribers you get thanks to the Pro subscription and if they are likely to upvote when you'll launch?
Hussein Yahfoufi
@fabien_fournier1 my guess is most of the subscribers that came from PH will most likely check out the launch and hopefully give us an upvote since they are PH users already. Those that came from our landing page are less likely to come to PH but I think those are most likely to actually sign up for an account.
Fabien Fournier
@husseinyahfoufi This is also what I think, if the visitors to the landing page do not already have a product hunt account, account creation will probably put a brake on upvote