How do you best convey the enthusiasm you have for your product to others? šŸ„³

Amy Frame
15 replies
We all as makers love our own products - what ways do you use to best show your friends, family and potential customers this excitement? Looking forwards to hearing interesting ideas on the topic šŸ„³

Replies

Michael Aubry
I always try to get in their head first and get them excited first.
Anttoni Aniebonam
@michael_joseph_aubry True! Just talked about this with @jaamuru. Make people feel something, a better, more beautiful, more advanced version of themselves and then justify the purchase decision with technical innovation.
Andrew Witts
Teasers and stories behind development. Interesting insights without the all too common sell sell sell approach :-)
Myntra Miller
I like to share actual 'use case' experiences - as in, "I used X to do Y - and it turned out oh-so-beautifully". Not only does it NOT come across as being too salesy, it has the advantage of getting prospects to imagine themselves using X to do Y too.
Rahul Girdhar
I usually involve family and friends in early stages of product development. They give you sincere feedback and it largely helps in shipping a great product.
yong wang
maybe using cases can help you . Nothing but using can help me know a thing.
Anttoni Aniebonam
I actually think you don't have to if you make sure you stay authentic and build products that solve your own problems. Finding a PMF is easy when you're building for yourself.
TeabuddyCanada
By communication and putting your idea and product in front of them frequently. Passion for your product or idea gets reflected when you are open and transparent, and welcome your social circle ideas! they give the best feedback in the form of criticism and positivity!
Ben G
Makers are really passionate about their creations and the creative process in general. But this can be a disadvantage when it comes to marketing to potential customers. I've worked with MANY makers on their crowdfunding campaigns and websites, and I notice that many want to market their products by conveying their own passion and their own story to the customer. Unfortunately, this isn't effective unless the target is your mom or the product is a grumpy cat (in which case, please tell me that story now). Your passion for your product is not contagious. If anything, it's boring. The customer doesn't want to hear about you. The customer wants to hear about THE CUSTOMER. The customer always needs to be the star of the story. As soon as you take the stage, your audience will quietly exit. I think a quote from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia says it all: "I hate listening to people's dreams. It is like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody is having sex, I just don't care." It's true, isn't it? How long can you stand looking at a slideshow of someone else's vacation photos before you start to get bored? 5 minutes? 15 max? Now imagine that the person showing you their photos is a complete stranger. Snore. Compare this to the last time you planned a vacation. How did you feel when you went online and started exploring all the amazing places you could visit in just a few months time? You felt downright giddy. Why? Because you were the star of the show. You were imagining yourself at castles, beaches, clubs, and spas and it made you EXCITED. That's how to share excitement with your potential customers. Never share a photo of your creation unless the customer is front and center in the shot. Or, you know, just hire a good copywriter.
Debajit Sarkar
Through listening. Always, no matter what weā€™re selling, weā€™re essentially selling ideas. Potential customers want to realize whether you have an intense conviction about the value and usefulness of what youā€™re selling. Conviction is contagious. Prospective customers need to know that you stand behind your assertions, and that their needs rank topmost in your mind. In this way you will have performed as a faithful advisor. And this conviction, this enthusiasm doesnā€™t just waft forth as you wax worthily about your products, it also comes through in how well you listen to the customerā€™s needs. And, following that, how efficiently you lay out the modes in which your solution will fit the customerā€™s wants as youā€™ve come to empathize them ā€¦ through listening.
Matt Davis
Build it! MVP it and simplify it constantly to something you can deliver them of working value.