1-Sentence Pitch Practice

Gabriel Birnbaum
11 replies
Hi folks. Today I was told my 1-Sentence pitch sucks. So I wanted to give us all the opportunity to try to refine and get feedback on our 1-Sentence pitches. How about a thread where we post our 1 sentence pitch and have others say if they get it or not. We can also see if we can explain the idea in other words.

Replies

Gabriel Birnbaum
We are Barbra: we give teams the tools and motivation to learn new skills.
1 Answer
Ryan Donk
@gavri_birnbaum Oh ok I see. How exactly do you keep teams motivated?
Ryan Donk
@gavri_birnbaum Where do you source your lessons from?
Gabriel Birnbaum
@ryan_donk We provide some standard lessons, but we mostly encourage users to save their own learning resources there and structure it however they like. So we are a learning manager – not really a content provider.
Ryan Donk
Wholesale hotel rates.
Gabriel Birnbaum
@ryan_donk I don't get it. What about wholesale hotel rates? Maybe add a verb? Make it easier to visualize
Gabriel Birnbaum
@ryan_donk If I had to guess what your startup does – a place where businesses can buy bulk hotel rates?
Ryan Donk
@gavri_birnbaum Thanks for the feedback. We allow anyone to purchase hotel rooms at the wholesale rate. This hasn't been available to the public before, so it is a new concept and hard to distill in one sentence.
Gabriel Birnbaum
@ryan_donk We allow consumers to purchase hotel rooms at the wholesale rates previously only available to travel agencies.... something like that? The one sentence pitches are super hard. I am really bad at it too, so I'm just trying to make sense of it.
Ryan Donk
@gavri_birnbaum I have come up with that last one on my own before. I'm just trying to be as concise as possible and avoid saying what we "allow people to do" Random question: are you familiar with Honey? the Chrome extension?