How often do you worry about consistency in your user experiences?

Brandon Kindred
6 replies

Replies

Oleksandr Senyuk
Hard to say. When building an app like we are, it tends to work the same on some level on each OS. If a company is constantly changing and building while users are onboarding, that could be a big worry. In our case, there is some time between each feature update, and send the update via the app. Of course, there's the human element. In our case again, it's more of a behind-the-scenes human element of working to keep the company's overall image consistent as we reach for growth, which includes other humans customers and internally.
Brandon Kindred
@oleksandr_senyuk Thanks for the reply! I'm curious, how much time is spent keeping the human element in check and what strategies do you use to make sure you are keeping the company's overall image consistent?
Oleksandr Senyuk
@brandon_kindred1 Being a very small team is certainly useful! Most marketing and customer communication goes through only a few hands before it's sent out. That will be a bigger challenge as we grow, I'm sure.
Christian Heine
Daily, although maybe "worry" is not the right word word. It's more like "care". In fact, for every single feature. The lead question is always the same: How would this feature feel the most natural and least intrusive (i.e. use save on blur instead of a "save" button, etc.). Does not always lead to perfect solutions but has been a good guiding principle. I'm curious: Why do you ask?
Brandon Kindred
@christianheine I'm in the process of validating the market for on demand UX evaluations. One of the key points we are looking at helping with is ensuring consistency across a site or app before release. Would you be open to having a short conversation to discuss how you approach the problem of consistency?
Christian Heine
@brandon_kindred1 Got it. Definitely a good value proposition, but seems hard to quantify. Regarding the conversation: Yeah, why not. Not sure how to write a personal message on PH. But you could reach me via christian(at)faden.cloud