2 + 3 ? I am a human

Deepak Joshi
16 replies
What captcha do you use and how often? I am using reCaptcha v2.

Replies

Олександра Клевець
у нас на сайте та же капча, но иногда прорырваются сквозь нее через формы регистрации(
On My Deck
reCaptcha v3 is pretty good as it's mostly done without human interaction. I think a user only sees it if reCaptcha can't come to it's own conclusion
Kalesh Kaladharan
@onmydeckmusic Did you ever see one? I don't remember placing a code anywhere near my forms. Looks like I have to test it🤔🤔
Deepak Joshi
@onmydeckmusic @kalesh13 I don't think its possible to display a captcha in v3. Thats the problem I am facing. How to confirm the "Human" when the score is low!
On My Deck
@kalesh13 @deepak_positive I think you can invoke the challenge yourself with v3 - so if you're not happy with the score you can manually challenge: https://developers.google.com/re...
Deepak Joshi
@onmydeckmusic Didn't know about grecaptcha.execute(). This changes everything. Will now be migrating to v3. This was very helpful. Thanks buddy.
Kalesh Kaladharan
reCaptcha v3. Works great, no captcha widget and hence no human interactions.
Deepak Joshi
@kalesh13 I heard that v3 returns a very low score when in incognito mode. How do you handle that case?
Kalesh Kaladharan
@deepak_positive Honestly, I didn't know of this issue. I use it only on contact forms and have never received any complaints till now. Actually, I replaced v2 with v3 when users started complaining on how annoying it is to fill captcha for contacting us. Looks like I have to test this thoroughly 👨‍💻👨‍💻🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️