2 + 3 ? I am a human

Deepak Joshi
16 replies
What captcha do you use and how often? I am using reCaptcha v2.

Replies

On My Deck
reCaptcha v3 is pretty good as it's mostly done without human interaction. I think a user only sees it if reCaptcha can't come to it's own conclusion
Kalesh Kaladharan
@onmydeckmusic Did you ever see one? I don't remember placing a code anywhere near my forms. Looks like I have to test it🤔🤔
Deepak Joshi
@onmydeckmusic @kalesh13 I don't think its possible to display a captcha in v3. Thats the problem I am facing. How to confirm the "Human" when the score is low!
On My Deck
@kalesh13 @deepak_positive I think you can invoke the challenge yourself with v3 - so if you're not happy with the score you can manually challenge: https://developers.google.com/re...
Deepak Joshi
@onmydeckmusic Didn't know about grecaptcha.execute(). This changes everything. Will now be migrating to v3. This was very helpful. Thanks buddy.
Олександра Клевець
у нас на сайте та же капча, но иногда прорырваются сквозь нее через формы регистрации(
Kalesh Kaladharan
reCaptcha v3. Works great, no captcha widget and hence no human interactions.
Deepak Joshi
@kalesh13 I heard that v3 returns a very low score when in incognito mode. How do you handle that case?
Kalesh Kaladharan
@deepak_positive Honestly, I didn't know of this issue. I use it only on contact forms and have never received any complaints till now. Actually, I replaced v2 with v3 when users started complaining on how annoying it is to fill captcha for contacting us. Looks like I have to test this thoroughly 👨‍💻👨‍💻🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️