Focus Groups 101 - HELP

Brittany Partridge
11 replies
How have you run your initial focus groups? What was the group size? What were your data points? Were they successful? How did you find your participants (willing participants)?

Replies

Brittany Partridge
@deepak_positive where you gather a few diverse people to use your application and see what they say, how they use it, etc
Deepak Joshi
@brittany_partridge will you be my friend/member of focus group?
YesAndUX
There is a LOT to unpack in your question. Moderating a successful focus group is an expert-level skill. Can you help me understand what would be the goal of your focus group? I could probably help you get the insights you are seeking using a much easier research method.
Brittany Partridge
@yesandux I've done user interviews, now im looking to get hands-on feedback from people trying it independently. I have on-page analytics but want to make sure I'm building the right product. I think the biggest take away is if my hypothesis' are right, which will help me raise $ to build a better thing, right now it's just a working prototype
YesAndUX
@brittany_partridge i'm still a bit confused. "people trying it independently" isn't really a focus group activity. that would be an unmoderated study. ideally with a testing platform that allows you to capture behavioral (what people do) AND attitudinal (what people say), when they are going through your prototype. Is that a fair statement?
Brittany Partridge
@yesandux Yeah that makes sense, do you have software that you recommend?
YesAndUX
@brittany_partridge you could get a free trial of Validately (a UserZoom company) for 30 days. Full transparency, I also work at UZ but get nothing from referrals. I'm on PH for my passion projects :D