Would be great to receive some feedback on UX for my website!

Robin Nessensohn
37 replies

Replies

Priyanka V
Love the design and the illustrations. I really like the Best Idea Generation Tools - it's something tangible visitors can leave with and so I'd recommend putting that above the strategy section. For comparing consultancies - instead of listing out each combination - I think it would be more seamless to let the user drag and drop or add 2 names in 2 boxes and hit compare. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Robin Nessensohn
@team_volv thanks for the feedback! Would you prefer if the best idea generation tools would be at the top? Also would you prefer to only have content like this on the landing page instead of having different categories? And which of the areas would you be particularly interested in? Resources, Consultancies or Stories? Good idea with the compare consultancies! Not sure if we are able yet on a technical level at the moment :) Thanks!
Robin Nessensohn
@team_volv hey would you mind giving some feedback on the bot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation...
Hat Johnson
The landing page looks really cool. I like the powerful use of yellow (it's a great shade) and the movement of the main image. I love the style of illustration. The page is clean and intuitive. I clicked on stories and again it's really intuitive. I like that on this page some of the stories have a different style of illustration- it gives each of the stories a personality and helps to differentiate from each other. I would put your own content at the top of the page though as I had to scroll quite far down to realise that you had your own content rather than linking to other sites like forbes. On the landing page- when you scroll down- the structure of the page is really clean and easy to follow- but the yellow starts to get a little overwhelming- I find myself looking at the illustrations rather than the titles. The Best Innovation Consultancies and Best Innovation Stories look so similar I had to scroll back up to see why they were in separate segments- could they have a different color coding or illustration style to differentiate? The about us page is again, really clean and easy to see what the site is about and who is behind it. Perhaps the rowing picture could be smaller (or even not there at all). Overall it is clear to me what the site is about and I can navigate around it with total ease. Love the logo too.
Robin Nessensohn
@hatbaggins Thank you so much for this extensive feedback! Good point with putting our own stories on the top! Do you like that we have all the categories on the landing page or would you prefer to already see some actual content on the landing page itself?
Hat Johnson
@robin_nessensohn I like that the categories are on the homepage. The site is really easy to navigate- so it's not difficult to find the stories- the button is in the header so it's easy to see. Maybe if you want to put a story on the homepage- you could have one story a day that is highlighted and put on the homepage- so people who don't have time to read more than one article that day, can just read the main story of the day. If you are looking for writers to write content for your site- this could be a selling point too, that they think their content will be front and center (but it also benefits your readers too). What I really loved about the landing page is the really impactful (totally made up word) image at the top of the page. I think it really leaves an impression.
Robin Nessensohn
@hatbaggins thanks a lot! Really good idea with the idea of the day as an incentive for contributors! Please let me know if you have further feedback :)
Robin Nessensohn
@hatbaggins hey as your feedback was really helpful so far, would you mind giving some feedback on the bot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation...
Hat Johnson
@robin_nessensohn I'm not so good with stuff like bots- I'm a designer. So stuff like colors and layouts are more my thing. I'll give it a look- but I honestly think I'll not be much help to be honest. Thank you for asking though :)
Joshua Thijssen
Looks very nice. I like the clean and yellow layout. I noticed there are some issues with the responsive design. On mobile I would expect the cards to move underneath each other, instead they stay on the same row which makes it hard to read.
Robin Nessensohn
@joshua_thijssen Thanks a lot! Agreed! We haven't focused on the mobile version at all so far. Do you have any other feedback regarding the desktop version? is the value proposition clear and appealing to you?
Joshua Thijssen
@robin_nessensohn Looks really nice and clean. Mind you, I have absolutely no taste in design so don't take my word for granted. What I normally try to do with sites i'm working on (which doesn't happen a lot though) is use bootstrap so I can deal pretty much with responsive things directly without me inventing all the CSS myself. Keeps me focussed on the design which is hard enough for me without worrying about different screens and formats. I just check the pages I'm working on occasionally on a phone and tablet (or use chrome responsive layouts) to check if things look good.
Robin Nessensohn
@joshua_thijssen Good idea! Do you have feedback on the content? What is the most interesting part to you?
Joshua Thijssen
@robin_nessensohn One thing that I would do is to have the "Search tool or resource..." box to have autocompletion. I have no idea what to look for and i need to press enter to figure out if something was found or not. Otherwise I don't really have much feedback.
Robin Nessensohn
@joshua_thijssen hey would you mind giving some feedback on the bot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation... thanks, would be great!
Walid Shaar
I was able to understand fully, the functionality of the website in the first 10 seconds. This is a great point. I love the contrast of colors. Going through pages & navigation seems really smooth Furthermore, I really appreciate all the drawings, since it give life to the photos. It makes all the topics more interesting, and clearer. Also, a great point. Wish you all the luck!
Robin Nessensohn
@walid_shaar Thank you so much! Which of the areas do you find the most interesting? How would you use the website?
Walid Shaar
@robin_nessensohn Anytime :) Personally, I would use it to find interesting Research Topics, for my Blogs & Articles
Robin Nessensohn
@walid_shaar Great! So you're most interested in the Stories section?
Robin Nessensohn
@walid_shaar btw how do you like the stories we have? would you like to see others?
Robin Nessensohn
@walid_shaar hey as your feedback was really helpful so far, would you mind giving some feedback on the chatbot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation...
Gabriel Birnbaum
The cards should always be clickable. Didn't get to click around through the cards and that was massively frustrating. Also you should put the source of the article somewhere in the card (maybe below the title), but not in the button. The button needs to be an actionable verb. Good UI though. Source: I'm head of design in one of a big German startup
Robin Nessensohn
@gavri_birnbaum thanks for the feedback! If you refer to the landing page, you're absolutely right.. the links are not all in place yet sorry for the frustration! Good idea with the buttons for the stories! Btw which of the categories do you find the most interesting? / what would be the most useful to your company? Thanks!
Robin Nessensohn
@gavri_birnbaum hey as your feedback was really helpful so far, would you mind giving some feedback on the chatbot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation...
Ha Dao
Hi. I've just browse your website on mobile phone. I think u should improve the mobile interface. Also, you can add some navigation button at the end of your website to direct each type of users based on their mind-set process ( Attention, interest, demand, action). Example you can show the navigation button " about us" for totally new users. A navigation button " whats new for today" for users who come back to your website....
Robin Nessensohn
@ha_dao_thi_thu thanks a lot! You're completely right about the mobile page.. we haven't really worked on that yet! It's a very interesting idea with the navigation buttons! Do you mean only at the end of the landing page or on every page? And where should the navigation buttons lead? A new page?
Ha Dao
@robin_nessensohn I really wanna show you a picture about the navigation buttons here but there is no way to upload the picture. If i wanna discuss more, I'm happy to share with u the detail ideas via my email. Hadtt@waw.asia
Robin Nessensohn
@ha_dao_thi_thu hey as your feedback was really helpful so far, would you mind giving some feedback on the chatbot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation...
Ha Dao
@robin_nessensohn hi. I tested on mobile version, but it seems that it has not worked yet on mobile. I checked on PC version. I just wanna give you some comments about the interface of the chatbot ( because it seems that some components have not worked yet). I think you should change the automatic avartar of chatbot to an image of a real person, and a name of a real person. Eventhough I do know that this is automatic, but I think a human-being draws more attention. Good luck
Veronika Cervenakova
The website design is really good! I really like the illustrations and cleanliness of the overall design. The yellow is really nice, not disruptive at all. The one thing i struggled with was when i went to Resources and clicked on one of the featured resources f.e. Trend Mapping and when you click on Get PDF you get on the resource page with more info... the colour of the button Download Resource is a bit disruptive on the eye. I would prefer a color that is not so aggressive. It does do a good job getting the eyes on the button but not sure whether in a good way. Also, when i go to the Stories part, i love how on the button you put actually the source and set expectation that it will take you there... I would maybe suggest for your stories instead of putting Read More, you maybe could put Our Story :). Hope this helps! Really nicely done page :). Good luck.
Robin Nessensohn
@veronika_cervenakova Thanks a lot! Really good imput :) I apprecitate it! How do you like the content itself? (e.g. the different stories and tools we have) If you would like to see other content, which articles or tools are missing? Thanks a lot!
Robin Nessensohn
@veronika_cervenakova hey as your feedback was really helpful so far, would you mind giving some feedback on the chatbot that we implemented? https://www.reallygoodinnovation...
Olga Collins
Hi Robin, I think your navigation and content on your website is chaotic. You can do a simple card sorting UX research. I'm sure It helps you optimize your website :)
Teri Goldfinch
Hey Robin, I really liked the landing page, but I have to say your navigation looks chaotic. I would highly recommend you checking out the Tree-Testing.com feature for it which helped me a lot.