Should I also sell on Amazon?

Noy
7 replies
I'm writing my first eBook about micro-entrepreneurship that's called Start With A Side-Project - https://gum.co/side-project. So far I'm only offering it on Gumroad, I actively promote it since I'm a first-time author so I don't expect to be recommended by Gumroad. How does the discoverability on Amazon works? Will I have to put efforts promoting it there as well? I might as well just focus on promoting my Gumroad page instead of promoting two links.

Replies

James Skarzynski
Agree with Deepak. You might be really successful with it if you give it away for free behind a newsletter signup form (shameless plug - Newsletterfy.com). This way you can get an audience in your specific niche, and then once you have a good amount of people who know you, you can start selling them products in that area. To answer your question more succinctly, there is literally no reason why you shouldn't put it on Amazon. You might want to look up / reach out to Arvid Kahl. He just released a book in basically the same niche as you on Amazon and it reached the top of the business section on the first day.
Noy
@jamesskarzynski Thanks, I will probably consider listing it on Amazon as well, since there is no reason not to. I suspect that most micro-entrepreneurship books out there are mostly guides, similar to Arvid's book. Whereas my book is about the steps I've taken and my personal experiences from these 3 months of working on my side-project and selling it.
Deepak Joshi
Being a first-time author, you should distribute it for free. Once it gets popular, you can start selling it.
Noy
@deepak_positive Thanks but as I learned, if you create something with value, you want to charge for it.
ahmed ahmed
In case you need to go for the option where you are supposed to report the infringement to Amazon, then there is an Amazon report infringement form that is used by intellectual property rights owners and their agents to alert Amazon of alleged intellectual property infringements that include copyright and trademark concerns. In case you are not an intellectual property rights owner or an agent, it will not be capable of proceeding with the issues submitted through this form. From here you need to use the right venue to register your complain.
freela ncing
Yes you can, like This Portable Amazon Air Purifier Is Small Enough to Fit in Your Purse—and It's on Sale at Amazon
Mark Lense
I tried to create an Amazon store and upload products there in order to sell through dropshipping. I was happy with the pricing and the storage and shipping services they offer, but I had a hard time getting the product descriptions right. I was looking for information for a long time and it helped me to read on https://help-center.pissedconsumer.com/how-you-can-reach-out-to-amazon-customer-service/ about how you can contact them in order to get expert help from customer support. There they suggested to me what descriptions and keywords would be best to register for those categories of goods that I posted.