What was the best thing that happened to you in 2019?

Andrew Tye
51 replies

Replies

Neale Goldingay
I got Married after 55 years :-)
karanveer
@optimumtents you inspire me, you give me hope. Kudos to you <3
Morgan Young
I fortunately managed to recover from being an employee in a startup-gone-wrong team. It took a toll on me when the place went from about 80 people to zero in the space of about 3 months, but I learnt lessons and moved on to something even better. How about you?
Andrew Tye
@morgan_young2 wow, that's really intense! so working on Churn now?
Morgan Young
@awt Yep! Generally we just think that smaller scale SaaS companies don't have the means to properly take hold of the data their applications yield to prevent user churn. We're going to make sure it's accessible to everyone, where they can just plug their application usage stats into our AI solution and it'll tell them who's at risk of churning :) Using AI for good eh! I do have an 'upcoming' page in case you want to follow along. How are things with you?
Ramakrishna Manne
I bought a house. I know it may not sound like much but bough it after a lot of struggle. :-)
Andrew Tye
For me it was figuring out that a couple health issues were partly to blame for my fatigue and lack of energy...so maybe nights and weekend projects will be easier in 2020!
Meet Patel
understood every hard part of javascript after 3 years of deep javascript learning.
Umair Mansha
I got married, bought my first car(Honda FIT), scaled my team, moved to bigger and much beautiful office, on boarded awesome new clients and looking forward to make it bigger in 2020.
Amir Kerawala
@umair_mansha Thats wonderful. Best wishes for 2020
karanveer
@umair_mansha that's an achievement. Kudos to you, I can't even make out how well organised you must be then! :D
Umair Mansha
@karanveer Thank you Karan but tbh I'm quite the opposite :p
Jairus Martin
Launched on ProductHunt! Scariest thing I've done in a while! But you never know until you try!
Andrew Tye
@jairus_martin exactly! that's great...what did you launch?
Jairus Martin
@awt Thank you! It's called Downshift and it's a digital health coaching platform centered around sleep, nutrition, and mental health. We just want people to be able to get the help they need in an easily-accessible manner
Jairus Martin
@awt Much appreciated! If you have any feedback for us, we'd love to hear it at coaching@downshift.us . Have a great New Year! Wishing you blessings in 2020!
Gonçalo Henriques
Changed my career to product management
Andrew Tye
@gonelf very nice! what were you doing prior?
Gonçalo Henriques
@awt I was working as a software developer for more than 10 years.
Hasitha
Probably launching TravelPeri on Product Hunt and getting loads of traffic :)
Yann
My first time in my life, I spent a lot of time for oversea, I went to Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and spend 14 days in India. It is really a memorable moments to have chance to see a lot of things. I also learned a lot of new things, do the jobs that I never do. Thank you 2019 & welcome 2020!
Mr. Mason
I explored my mind to depths. 2019 was one of my best years. Happy new year you all!
David Verhaag
I left a job I was too comfortable doing to start Olifano. It was just the shock to the status quo that I needed to inspire a whole wave of creativity both in and outside of work.
Dane
Happy new year
Fuad Aliyev
Launching product on the market
Andrew Tye
@fuad that's great! what are you working on?
Laura Vasquez
I started working for PPC Ad Editor as a customer experience manager and it's been great so far! It's been a long time since I've been happy at a job
Andrew Tye
@laura_vasquez95 that's awesome. seems like happiness at work can be elusive...but so cool when you find it!!
Victor Khodalov
LifeViewer app we launched 🚀
Volodymyr Davydenko
I started working on Cinemeet app with my friend and co-founder @john_corcoran :)