Starting my first side project / looking for feedback

Charlie Lynch
12 replies
Hey there. I recently began my first side project looking to put an end crappy presentation experiences for remote teams and multi-office companies. Sharing my wireframes for the concept (which is now under development) has been a huge help so far to gathering feedback and understanding use cases better. I thought I'd share the working prototype wireframe here if anyone has any advice/suggestions or interest in the product when its ready. - Once the working prototype is done, if all goes well next up is landing pages for each of the use cases and a hunt for features to go into a broadly useful free version. Thanks! Charlie

Replies

Charlie Lynch
@charlielynch @fernikolic1 thanks for pointing out Fernando. I've now updated it and looks to be working again.
Alex Arevalo
@charlielynch I would recommend if you want to gather feedback on forums like this you should present the information in a slightly more digestible format. I tried going through your wireframes and I feel like I am missing the core value prop. Can you explain further what the main differentiator is between your application and other video conferencing apps? Also potentially numbering or loudly calling out key wireframe features to focus on.
Charlie Lynch
@charlielynch @alex_arevalo Hi Alex. That's definitely a fair point. I was hoping to see if the wireframes + instructions on the tool made sense but it clearly needs some work or a how to / video tutorial when we launch. This tool is built intended to be used by presentation hosts delivering a project over zoom (or any video hosting tool). You upload a finished project (pdf/slides) from any anywhere ahead of your remote or multi-office meeting and we return links to 2 browser based views - one for co-hosts and another for guests. The host view gives a dedicated browser for the host and any co-hosts which has real time control over the presentation, plus access to a chat function and their notes (and a slide preview maybe). The guest view is shared by sending a link over zoom chat in the instance, which gives them a full screen view of the presentation within their browser. This side steps problems with screen sharing (slow graphics, awkward handovers, notifications popping on screen). Personally, I like having notes and sometimes need to chat to others during a pitch, but PPT "presenter view" doesn't cut it and Gslides doesn't even have a notes view. I'm looking to improve that experience and in future add more collaborative presentation features for both sides, hosts and guests. For now I'd be happy just to remove the words "next slide" being repeated every 20 seconds in my work's all hands and product showcases! Thanks Alex. Charlie
Alex Arevalo
@charlielynch @charlielynch_sp I like the idea! For my job as a Product Manager, normally presentations require heavy collaboration. One tool that really stands out to me is the Slack pen tool, where you can draw over a presentation which allows you to describe/point out things in the presentation. If this tool could be elaborated on to possibly go beyond just drawing over the presentation, maybe even allowing a clean piece of paper to draw a new wireframe, that would be really cool.
Charlie Lynch
@alex_arevalo I actually haven't used slack chat for screen sharing yet but will give it a spin to try out the feature. I definitely think a pen for drawing attention to work will be important. Have you seen that whereby recently launched an integration to Miro for this type of whiteboard collaboration? https://twitter.com/whereby/stat... ? My thoughts given our tool being slide based, we could create customisable "blank slides" for similar purpose to this among other things: sticky notes session, product feedback gathering, polling, surveys etc...
Juan Andres Lagrange
Pretty cool Charlie. Have you checked out https://pitch.com/ ?
Charlie Lynch
@jalagrange Hey Juan, thanks! I have come across them and am looking forward to seeing what they are like once out of Beta. Our tool is focused more on the delivery than existing presentation tools which tend to revolve around creation, so it will be interesting to see what their approach is and how it compares! We should catch up btw :)