If you have not launched **anything** yet, what is stopping you?

Hey everyone, I just crossed 60 days mark according to my log on GetMakerLog. I have been doing more reach out than software development in the last 15-20 days. And I really love this mentality shift. I have been an Engineer for 14 years with lots of startups (10+). Currently I am (re)learning a ton from YC lectures, Startup School course, IndieHackers podcasts, etc. I am leaving my Engineering nature and I got something scrappy out. I startup talking to Founders and people do really talk even if what I have put out is not even 30% MVP. But talking is important because I know with more confidence that I am not building for a void. This is even though what I am building is totally backed by my startup experience. Launch something and then talk. If you have not launched, why? Can we help you in some way? Kind regards, Sumit

Replies

Mark Gregory
MVP requires a bit more than I thought it would just to get it smoothly running. Hopefully will turn into more engagement though!
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@annoup My MVP is not ready at all, but I have started talking to early adopters with a fairly incomplete demo, but it throws the idea out there and helps in the talks.
Hosea varghese
I have an application developed and ready for release. But I have this other app that I am working on currently and I want to start of with that.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@hosea_varghese Why not launch what you already have. I mean it does not have to be a PH launch, but get it out and talk to real potential users/customers?
Hosea varghese
@sumitdatta I dont want to do anything with second thoughts...I want to either do it or dont do it at all
James Skarzynski
I've launched a really small afternoon project (CopyEmojis.co), but my other main project(s) just aren't ready yet. Hopefully tomorrow my main project (newsletterfy.com) will be ready to launch!
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@jamesskarzynski Awesome of the small project. I want to launch a couple small projects related to my main product. My main product is not launched on PH either but it is live and I am talking to early adopters regularly.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@jamesskarzynski Hey James, Here is my primary product: https://dwata.com Pitch: Software to manage & understand Business Data without fighting with SQL databases or third-party APIs. Completely visual, no-code, for non-technical people. At the start of the year I had thought I would try multiple products till something has traction, but now I have 3 founders who have shown interest and I am super focused on building as per their priority. So dwata takes all my time.
James Skarzynski
@sumitdatta This looks pretty neat! As a not-super-technical person, I just wanted to say that it isn't entirely clear to me what exactly it is that dwata does. Having an example video on there that walks non-technical people through it might be a big help!
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@jamesskarzynski Hey James, you are not the only one, I totally agree the product is not really clear to generally everyone yet. I am super focused on who I am reaching out to and solving more specific problems as founders need. The broad idea is really massive and I am avoiding building tech before I have customers. But I will put up a video soon and I will let you know.