I want to rival TikTok, tell me how.

josh
2 replies
Whenever a platform gets too big, there are always communities within the platform whose needs aren't met because lack of specialization by the platform. I have identified these verticals and basically what I wanna build is TikTok for 'x' types mobile app. However, I don't know where to begin in terms of building out the app and testing my ideas. Advice?

Replies

Niranjan Yadav
Nice idea. Most of us know it as an unbundling strategy. A good start will be, to begin with, short videos of magic tricks. It's a niche category, it's doable, and everyone loves it.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
"Whenever a platform gets too big, there are always communities within the platform whose needs aren't met because lack of specialization by the platform." You have figured out the first step already - communities. Let me ask you: - What are these "specialization"? - Are you simply going for a better feature Tik Tok? I do not think that works, particularly B2C (sorry typo) - Would TikTok for X have the audience that TikTok as a whole has? People do not stay for features, they stay for the network. They may start with features though.