I want to rival TikTok, tell me how.

josh
2 replies
Whenever a platform gets too big, there are always communities within the platform whose needs aren't met because lack of specialization by the platform. I have identified these verticals and basically what I wanna build is TikTok for 'x' types mobile app. However, I don't know where to begin in terms of building out the app and testing my ideas. Advice?

Replies

Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
"Whenever a platform gets too big, there are always communities within the platform whose needs aren't met because lack of specialization by the platform." You have figured out the first step already - communities. Let me ask you: - What are these "specialization"? - Are you simply going for a better feature Tik Tok? I do not think that works, particularly B2C (sorry typo) - Would TikTok for X have the audience that TikTok as a whole has? People do not stay for features, they stay for the network. They may start with features though.
Niranjan Yadav
Nice idea. Most of us know it as an unbundling strategy. A good start will be, to begin with, short videos of magic tricks. It's a niche category, it's doable, and everyone loves it.