Why do you want to be successful/rich? What are your goals in life?

Gergely Varga
12 replies
If success or riches are not what you after, what do you want to achieve?

Replies

Lorthemar Theiron
Freedom. Freedom to choose how I can spend my time.
Gergely Varga
@lorthemar_theiron Do you mind if I ask how you want to spend your time? What would be different in your life if you would be *rich*?
Mohamed Abdel-Maksoud
Beside self-realization, I'm pursuing riches to be ultimately financially independent. Success to me is the day when work becomes a life-style choice rather than a necessity to pay the bills.
Gergely Varga
@m0ham3d Do you mind me asking 'financial independence' from whom? Also, do you plan on carry on *working* when you become rich? How would your life change?
Mohamed Abdel-Maksoud
@yuzumetrix not at all. financial independence on some entity (employer, clients, etc) to provide a certain amount of money every month to sustain one's living. this is what I meant. I'm sure I'd keep working, the difference is that, given that I have the luxury of being selective, I'll only work on things that inspire me.
Shayan Goodarzi
Fulfillment. I want to sincerely have an impact.. But, when people hear impact, others have the tendency to think so big that it becomes a very unrealistic goal or that it relates to companies because of the industry I am in or the hidden agendas people label others with. If I can impact one or two PEOPLE in a month.. two months.. or even a year in a positive way that helps them get to where THEY want to go. Not where I want them to go.. that goes beyond any monetary success or riches I can think of. In other words, if my peers, family, and friends want to be around me because I make them feel good. I'm done.. I achieved my goals.
Gergely Varga
@shayan_goodarzi Do you see achieving this goal via technology? Also, do you imagine doing this as a business or - once you have enough money - as philanthropy?
Hyprmeet
Beside my personal career goal, the vision of this product is make people happier and enjoyable in the virtual world affected by COVID-19 and make people's perception towards the virtual world and avatars
Gergely Varga
@hyprmeet What is your personal career goal? How would your life change if you would become rich?
Kalesh Kaladharan
More money = more time to work on projects (non-profit, non-tech, giving back kind of stuff) that you really care about. That's all about me.
Gergely Varga
@kalesh13 So if you "make it", you will still want to carry on working, but for the *good cause*? Do you have an inspiration? A person you look up to?
Kalesh Kaladharan
@yuzumetrix I will definitely work as long as I can. That doesn't mean I am or I will be stressing myself out. I take breaks and relaxes whenever I am burnt out. I don't really look up to any particular individual. Just look around, and there are a lot of things to fix. A lot that one man's lifetime won't be enough. Isn't that a good enough reason to work more?