Why do you want to be successful/rich? What are your goals in life?

Gergely Varga
12 replies
If success or riches are not what you after, what do you want to achieve?

Replies

Mohamed Abdel-Maksoud
Beside self-realization, I'm pursuing riches to be ultimately financially independent. Success to me is the day when work becomes a life-style choice rather than a necessity to pay the bills.
Gergely Varga
@m0ham3d Do you mind me asking 'financial independence' from whom? Also, do you plan on carry on *working* when you become rich? How would your life change?
Mohamed Abdel-Maksoud
@yuzumetrix not at all. financial independence on some entity (employer, clients, etc) to provide a certain amount of money every month to sustain one's living. this is what I meant. I'm sure I'd keep working, the difference is that, given that I have the luxury of being selective, I'll only work on things that inspire me.
Shayan Goodarzi
Fulfillment. I want to sincerely have an impact.. But, when people hear impact, others have the tendency to think so big that it becomes a very unrealistic goal or that it relates to companies because of the industry I am in or the hidden agendas people label others with. If I can impact one or two PEOPLE in a month.. two months.. or even a year in a positive way that helps them get to where THEY want to go. Not where I want them to go.. that goes beyond any monetary success or riches I can think of. In other words, if my peers, family, and friends want to be around me because I make them feel good. I'm done.. I achieved my goals.
Gergely Varga
@shayan_goodarzi Do you see achieving this goal via technology? Also, do you imagine doing this as a business or - once you have enough money - as philanthropy?
Hyprmeet
Beside my personal career goal, the vision of this product is make people happier and enjoyable in the virtual world affected by COVID-19 and make people's perception towards the virtual world and avatars
Gergely Varga
@hyprmeet What is your personal career goal? How would your life change if you would become rich?
Kalesh Kaladharan
More money = more time to work on projects (non-profit, non-tech, giving back kind of stuff) that you really care about. That's all about me.
Gergely Varga
@kalesh13 So if you "make it", you will still want to carry on working, but for the *good cause*? Do you have an inspiration? A person you look up to?
Kalesh Kaladharan
@yuzumetrix I will definitely work as long as I can. That doesn't mean I am or I will be stressing myself out. I take breaks and relaxes whenever I am burnt out. I don't really look up to any particular individual. Just look around, and there are a lot of things to fix. A lot that one man's lifetime won't be enough. Isn't that a good enough reason to work more?
Lorthemar Theiron
Freedom. Freedom to choose how I can spend my time.
Gergely Varga
@lorthemar_theiron Do you mind if I ask how you want to spend your time? What would be different in your life if you would be *rich*?