Solving the problem of finding the right web hosting

Indie Ryan
11 replies
Find a web host is a nightmare. I was trying to find a web hosting provider for my spouse and the number of options is overwhelming. Though there are several review websites, they are either too biased to a particular service or have general reviews that don't help you filter out and select the one you need. What if a tool could suggest the right hosting provider based on your personal scenario and find you the right host in under 5 minutes? The algorithm/tool can take the benchmark performances, features, NPS, etc. and suggest the correct hosting provider for you. * Is finding a web host been a challenge for you? * What tools/websites do you use when looking for a web host? * What other features do you think would be good to have? Please let me know your thoughts. I would appreciate any kind of feedback. Have a great day!!

Replies

Joonas Hämäläinen
This is quite tricky question. Those who have experience, stick with what they have most of the time, as for most webhosting needs they have what is needed. For those who don't have expertise nor has any connections to ask recommendations, it can be overwhelming task. And for those I believe hard part is to know what actually matters to them, apart simply from monthly cost. I don't see/feel it any different from having some algorithm/tool to give suggestion compared to having few review sites to come up "best solution". For such tool to have any meaningful value (at least to me) would be having really huge amount of filtering options, and having hundreds of providers listed, potentially even with quality reviews from existing customers, which explain what went wrong, and what went well with that provider. This kind of tool could maybe work for first time webhosting seeker, who has not done anything before. When they are needing hosting for second time, most should pick same hosting provider they are already using, unless there is really good reason to switch (and potentially then switch everything around). Quite many friends ask advice from me when they need webhosting, and based on few key figures of their needs I give them suggestions. Price differences are so small, especially hobby & SME situations that it is easy to give few general advices. If it is something bigger, well, then best advice has always been for them to have someone do that for them, and pay for those services. Only certain things are worth doing yourself at that level. :)
Indie Ryan
@kerberos Indeed, this is probably an issue only for beginners. Once you gained some experience in the industry, people generally stick to their existing web hosts or have developed a preference. I will explore the idea of adding filters and hope that doesn't result in overwhleming the user. Thanks !
Joonas Hämäläinen
@tousif_ahmed Maybe you should think of trying to help beginners figure out what they need, and then they know what they should look for when selecting host. Most are prone to get too big hosting plan, when they have no idea what they actually need.
Indie Ryan
@kerberos Yeah, I got to talk to a lot of people getting in web hosting and understand the kind of problems they face. I am a little concerned about getting traffic to my website though. As the web hosting review market is so saturated, it will be very difficult to rank the page using keywords. Do you think there might a better approach for distribution?
Joonas Hämäläinen
@tousif_ahmed Nope, I don't have silver bullet for distribution of this. But as you have noticed, simply review sites are tons out there. So need to find something different, and then try to find first individual users / groups of people to start using it.
Victoria Jackson
I completely agree that this is a painful process and could be a lot easier. Having too many choices is worse than too few. It's also quite a decision as it can be painful to move from one provider to another. It would be great if there was such a tool to help the decision making process. It's a bit like when you purchase insurance. You want to key in a few parameters and have the tool narrow it down to options which you can explore further. Amongst the pieces to consider are the costs (both now and future growth), technologies you're planning to use, type of website (blog, shop, forum, product etc.), location of user-base. You want to find a solution that can grow with you and has a low barrier to entry. I'm a lazy person so I generally use a couple of trusted providers and stick to what I know. I'm a sticky customer.
Indie Ryan
@victoria_jackson Thanks for the feedback. A tool combining the multitude of factors that you have stated, should help filter the web host. Additionally as you pointed, I should be easy to scale with it too.
Dylan Brown
@victoria_jackson The problem of choosing a hosting has always been very common and finding a good and reliable hosting is still quite difficult. On the online market, there is quite a wide variety of services, but there are few reviews and reviews, and thus it is quite difficult to find something suitable. I personally think that it is best to learn all about it before choosing a hosting. My friend somehow bought a web hosting to host the site and after some time he faced the problem of data theft from the site and was extremely disappointed and he had to look for a new and more secure web hosting. He found some cool options at https://www.28msec.com/ and it helped him a lot because there are reviews for each hosting and it makes things easier.
Noemi Feil
Thanks for sharing this very useful information about finding the best web hosting service. Well, it is not that easy to find a good hosting provider and you have always to do so much research for this. Last week, when I was searching for a reseller hosting, I didn't find any good source for this because they had no good reviews all. But few days ago I come to know about an offer of unlimited reseller hosting at verpex com. It was really good when I used their service and now I buy hosting for 2 of my websites from this source at an affordable price.
Amanda Trincher
In fact, the site https://webhostingsvc.com/ can help you, which has collected many reviews and reviews about web hosting for different businesses and customer needs.
Purple Ocean
Finding the right web hosting provider can be a challenging task, especially with so many options available in the market. It's important to consider factors such as uptime, speed, security, customer support, and pricing when selecting a web hosting provider. One approach to solving this problem is to use comparison websites that provide comprehensive reviews and ratings of different web hosting providers. These platforms can help you compare different providers side-by-side, making it easier to identify the best option for your specific needs and budget. It's also worth checking out hosting providers that offer free trials or money-back guarantees, allowing you to test their services before committing to a long-term contract. By doing your research and comparing different options, you can find a reliable web hosting provider that meets your requirements and helps your online business succeed.