Feedback on the Product Hunt API 🤖

Aaron O'Leary
16 replies
Got any tips, tricks or requests for the Product Hunt API? We would love to hear some 👾

Replies

Mubashar Iqbal
@aaronoleary I ended up building 2 projects (long story) but I don't see a way to submit multiple projects. Is this possible and if so how?
Aaron O'Leary
@mubashariqbal Sure thing! DM me on twitter with the details of the second one, name, link, thumbnail, tagline and what category and Ill get it sorted
Aaron O'Leary
Hey everyone, we constantly want to improve on our products and we would love to hear your thoughts on the new Product Hunt API
Nikolay Siabrenko
@aaronoleary Hello, can I post two projects in different categories?
Nikolay Siabrenko
@aaronoleary When I register I can choose only one category or I can choose another after submitting will open?
Aaron O'Leary
@nikolay_siabrenko I can sort that out for you closer to the submission date :)
Sam Ben
@aaronoleary Hey, can we increase the max query complexity? I need to fetch all details for the 5 top post on a given day. API error message : "Query has complexity of 7142, which exceeds max complexity of 1000"
Dhruv Parmar
@ossamaweb you can try splitting the request into separate queries for each post. use "post(id: )" field. We've set the limit to 1000 in-order to avoid processing heavy queries as they can have negative impact on API performance.
Sam Ben
@dhruvparmar That's what I ended up using. Thanks ;)
Ferenc Forgacs
@aaronoleary I had a great experience with the API so far. I had to figure out the basics of GraphQL :D But after that, it worked as it is described in the docs, and the API explorer is really handy as well. In the future, it would be great if there would be a query to get the makers who are currently working on some of their goals, and a mutation to mark a goal as isCurrent (or mark a goal as current via the goalUpdate mutation). I think this would allow developers to build additional features around the virtual co-working space. Thank you and the rest of the team for API v2.0. Let me know where can I subscribe for future updates :D And huge thanks to @dhruvparmar for his excellent support during the past weeks.
Dhruv Parmar
@aaronoleary @feriforgacs Thank you for the feedback 🙌. We are still figuring out the best way to keep developers informed about future updates to the API. I'll update here once it's finalised.