Do you use social media to get customer support?

Abadesi
15 replies
Curious to see how many of us use social media to get results from brands we invest in.

Replies

Yiğit Pınarbaşı
It's odd but they return much faster when I contact with them on social media.
Olivia Bell
Yes, but not always publicly. If I can slide into the DMs to avoid an embarrassing call out, will do.
Aaron O'Leary
It depends, I will do if a support team simply wont respond within 48 hours and it has something to do with my money, then yes I will. Eg; a certain hosting company had an issue where a number of accounts got hacked and someone upped by bill by $250 and it came out, the support team did not want to hear about it, so went to social media got my money back the next day
Devanand Premkumar
@aaronoleary Support teams interaction on social media is definitely faster. For example, I've been following up through email on an issue for almost a month with absolutely no response and a single message in social media, gave the right direction and it ended with a positive closure :)
Aaron O'Leary
@devaonbreaches Yeah definitely agree! It's a way of keeping companies accountable on support issues I feel
Calum Webb
Whenever I'm looking for customer support, I always head to twitter first to see whether they've got open DMs or a @Spotifycares esque Twitter page for their support. Generally I prefer it because it's a platform I'm familiar with which I can refer back to, and that I can repeatedly access depending on how a support issue changes. On a companies own site, asking for updates on an issue or similar is often more challenging than on Twitter DMs imo.
Anthony Morris
I have simply because I've had incredible responses through Twitter DMs. It always shocked me but once I tried it I learned it is often a valuable resource. Also, I got some free food when complaining about a troublesome food app once. 😂
Gonçalo Henriques
Twitter all the way with print screens and direct mentions!
Jay Cho
Each SNS has its own user base. Instagram is usually used by women in their 20s n 30s. so... It's gonna be inappropriate to collect opinions from elder people. it depends
Tommy Le
Depends on different companies I think. I have seen some support teams responding via Facebook messenger pretty fast. Still I would prefer asking for support via website's livechat. At the very least they always know my email address & send me email. With Facebook though, it's difficult to keep track of all asking customers.
Catie K
Yes, I always use social networks to support customers.
Utkarsh Talwar
Pizza Hut has offered me free replacement orders thrice now so yeah. 🤣
Jared Cornell
Yes, personally, I have used Twitter multiple times, to connect with brands, raise a complaint, or simply to share feedback. To my surprise, my queries have always been answered. Now, from a business perspective, social media customer service is growing in leaps and bounds. A single online post can make or break your brand- that’s the power of social media. However, by using the right customer support software (https://www.proprofsdesk.com/), entrepreneurs can respond to social media tickets in no time.