Share your product here to get support, feedback, users (w/c 1st of June)

Aaron O'Leary
154 replies
Hi Makers! This thread is dedicated to you if you are: (1) launching soon or recently launched (2) looking for beta users (3) asking for feedback on a landing page First, start by helping out another maker. You can check out their launch, give their product a review or share a comment on their launch post. Once you've helped someone else out, share your product link here and BE SPECIFIC about who your target audience is and how we can help. 😊

Replies

Shruti Taneja
Hello! I recently started a platform, Brand Genealogy to document stories of some of the iconic brands that we love today. When you read brand stories, you realise that brands are shaped by so many aspects, from sociological to psychological. You understand the motivations and thought processes of the people who started it, and weathered all the storms. The aim is simply to inspire people to do better, and learn from these brands. https://www.producthunt.com/post... Would love to get your feedback on it :)
Ananay Batra
@staneja88 Could see myself using this. Growth hacking inspiration is a must of IndieHackers and entrepreneurs in general
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@staneja88 Hey Shruti, this is a very useful product. Since this is content heavy I want to ask how is the content management working out? Are you happy with existing tools? My product is aimed very specifically at products where content is rich data. Thus I am curious about your workflow and tools.
Christoph
@staneja88 I really like this. I'm torn tough about the length of the articles. I think, to me, it would be more interesting to have in-depth dissections of each brand story. Almost like an investigative journalism type story. With the highs and lows & struggles of each brand. All the twists and turns and "near death" experiences these companies had to go through until they became what they are today. That or a really quick overview. Almost like a bullet-point-list-profile-thing. To me the articles are too long to be just a quick, get the facts, kinda read. But too short to really learn all the interesting details. But maybe that's what you want. Just my quick opinion. Oh - and carousel posts on Instagram would probably work well to "lure" people in too. But I guess it all comes down to how much time you want to spend with his. :)
Shruti Taneja
@christoph_haase1 Thank you for the detailed feedback! I see where you're coming from, right now articles are an in between length. I want to communicate the stories as a narrative (with emotions, thought processes of why the brands did what they did, the external forces that influenced key decisions which then became the turning point). I can definitely add a little more structure to it. And yes, carousals sounds like a great idea. The interesting facts and an overview of the timeline can be added in the carousal for Instagram posts - which then "lure" the people in to the website to read the complete story. Appreciate the feedback :)
Shruti Taneja
@sumitdatta I haven't explored any content management tools yet. Since I started it just over a month ago, everything is pretty manual. I, alone, do the research and writing along with creating the graphics for social media which I then use later.com app to schedule across various social media.
Lluís Ventura
Hi all! Thanks @aaronoleary for this weekly thread! This is Lluís from TinyPods. How many different tools are you using daily depending on the context? GDocs, Notion, Slack, meeting notes, Miro, Trello,... Having the full context of a topic when you need it is tough. TinyPods helps you organize, share, and find the relevant information you need when you need it. A TinyPod is a simple (personal or shared) container with emails, docs, notes, meeting notes, that password in slack, or URLs to any of your tools,... All you need to continue evolving your smallest idea or your biggest project. Help us with feedback! Subscribe for early access at: https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@lluis_m_ventura Hello Lluís, I like the idea behind this. But would you share some clarification? Am I going to share and manage links to whatever I want easy access to? Or is this a deep integration into the tools and gets actual data that I need onto a page? Thank you
Lluís Ventura
Hi @sumitdatta! The idea behind TinyPods is to act as a container for all the information related with an idea or topic, with links, notes that you can take on TinyPods, etc... When writing an email or during a meeting (or when you needed) or when writing some docs, tinyPods will suggest you related content based on those pods and integrations to help you be in context. So I guess the answer lies just in between!
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@lluis_m_ventura I guess I will have to wait to see what it actually is. The current description does not give me clarity about how the product actually would work. Let's hope to see it soon!
Lluís Ventura
@sumitdatta please subscribe to our page and I will surely keep you updated! Happy to see you as beta tester!
Sourabh Asawa
@lluis_m_ventura TinyPods seems like a nice concept. Please post once website is launched. please consider listing TinyPods on https://www.explorebit.io/ (a platform for startups and investors)
Amara
VOTEism The 🦠Corona Virus has us all semi-permanently burrowed. Everything that can is moving online. Why not democratic elections??? OK. That's a stretch for now. Let's fix opinion polls first. Current political opinion polls are riddled with low sample sizes, interviewer biases, push poll tactics, self voting sock-puppets, and worst of all, the lack of privacy. 🤥 ⏱️ Time to change that. 🎬 Introducing VOTEism - The Political Opinion Poll App. VOTEism is the Occam's razor of political opinion polls 🤔. You just tap and confirm your preferred candidate. Your vote is encrypted 🔏 and stored from prying eyes. The encrypted votes are downloaded and decrypted with a private key on an air-gapped system. The aggregated results are available for everyone to see in the VOTEism app. 🇺🇸 VOTEism is available in USA only for the 2020 USA Presidential Election. Looking for the initial set of users to vote and validate VOTEism. iOS: https://ios.voteism.org Android: https://android.voteism.org
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@amaraangelini Hello Amara, I am personally interested in software driven democracy and the tooling around this. This is a hard topic that is needed, yet will take time to settle in. I glanced through your site, looks good, neat and documentation heavy. This is a great start but IMHO you need to target groups that have less bureaucracy when it comes to elections. Universities are perhaps a great start. Managements of public service companies where board members are elected. That would bring the barrier to entry to an easier level and would increase adoption. Also, you get to experiment with the user interaction. This is a needed tool but not clearly an urgency to the concerned people. So you will have to do some thought-leadership marketing. Everything from blogs to a podcast on why transparent and all-hands elections are important, why your app can help more voters have access to elections. But all this is not going to be useful if VOTEism is limited to the 2020 USA Presidential Election. Perhaps that is way to get better results. I am not a citizen there so I do not know how and why. But I do know that software driven democratic machinery is going to be big in the next years to come.
Amara
@sumitdatta, brilliant points. We started VOTEism as a secure and private political opinion poll app. But we want to seed the discussion to something bigger - like the software driven democracy you mentioned. There's nothing to limit VOTEism to the 2020 USA Presidential Election. We have the backend flexible enough to adapt it to a complex democracy like India (our team includes brilliant data scientists from India). We would like to involve universities and academicians and are currently in talks with a group at an ivy league. Any pointers in this direction would be helpful. You can reach me at voteism/at/protonmail.com. Thanks again for your reply. It's good to see people interested in this direction. Imagine if we could vote for our leaders every day instead of once in 4/5 years!!!
Sourabh Asawa
@amaraangelini a product much needed under current situations. installing the android version. please consider listing VOTEism on https://www.explorebit.io/ (a platform for startups and investors)
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@amaraangelini Hey, I am surely interested and will shoot an email. Would love to see this lead the way for software driven democracy.
Vladut Madalin Druta
@amaraangelini Really good idea. I have been thinking of taking something like this a step further and even use something like this for wider voting. However, Tom Scotts videos, make one think about other aspects than just the technical implications of making a fully transparent voting system. He has two videos:
and the most recent one:
Very interesting to check them out.
Lê Khánh Thông
Hi group 🤗, I'm Thong and today I want to share with you my Podcast project :D Podcave lets people save time and enjoy content on-the-go. Instead of sitting in front of your computer reading your favorite blogs, you can listen to them while you commute, run or cook. Some audio articles on Podcave are read by humans. WE’RE BUILDING THE BIGGEST PODCASTS LIBRARY IN THE WORLD! New curated stories are added everyday! From important, though-provoking news to ever-lasting blog-posts, you can find audio articles on a wide range of topics : book summaries, self-development, tech, politics, science, startups and more. Some top provider is: The Alantic, Nytimes, BBC, CNN, The Guardian... Whether you’re commuting, cooking, working out or running errands, you can keep up with current events and interesting stories right from your mobile device. Start listening on our web app now! https://Podcave.net Note: The web is optimized for friendly mobile browser Mobile App is coming soon! If you don't find your favorite topic on Podcave, let's request on comment here
kush
Wow. This is a great thread. ProductHunt has gone from launch (Hunt) to pre-launch (Upcoming) and now to pre-pre-launch (this) :-D They almost read my mind We are working on Lightcat - a tool for Product Teams that is a cross breed between Smart Docs like Notion, and Kanban boards, with a way to record all metrics that move due to a feature release. This is what Lightcat helps product teams do 1. 💡 Write the feature ideas (eg. in a Smart Document ) 2. 💪 Prioritise the ideas (ideally *within* the same Smart Doc) 3. 🚀 Track the progress (eg in a Kanban Board) 4. 🔥 Measure the impact of EACH idea (eg a Tableau graph) Bonus : it's in a fast, stunning UI. Double Bonus : We have some top PM's beta testing our product. Would love for some of you guys to join the beta.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@kush_apoorva This would seem to be a nice way to approach, I guess you are taking PM and BP documentation together. When it comes to speed, I feel Clubhouse is ruling at this moment. Their app is lightning fast. I switched to it for my own needs.
kush
@sumitdatta Clubhouse is great indeed. It's also a JIRA replacement - task management / bug tracking. We are targeting the Product Planning and Feature Prioritisation space. A bit like ProductBoard, Canny etc. So yes, PM and BP documentation is pretty central to us. Clubhouse's speed really comes from dynamic bindings. Everything happens on the client side first - you see the changes instantly - and they update the server behind the scenes. LightCat is built on the exact same principles. That's why it feels fast.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@kush_apoorva The term for what you explained is "Optimistic updates in UI" https://uxplanet.org/optimistic-... I understand what you are aiming for with the product, thanks for the clarification.
Shovon
Hey there! If you have interest in games, here's one for you: Live Life - https://www.producthunt.com/post... If you want to - try it out - https://play.google.com/store/ap... - give feedback about upcoming page - https://www.producthunt.com/upco... Thanks!
Phil Romanov
Heya! Any musicians here? I created an app for real-time collaborative music jam sessions. Jam with friends online like you're in one room. Here it is: https://jamhub.io Cheers!
Charles-Eugène Loubao
@fletcherist I am not a musician but I like the idea! Is there a way to record what I am making?
Phil Romanov
@charles_eugene_loubao technically it's very easy to implement this, all midi events from collaborators goes to server, where they can be recorded and then rendered to wav, for example. Now I'm focusing on extending instruments library, adding loops etc to make a better sound, right after that i'll gonna implement recording :)
Phil Romanov
@tomash_sugint thanks! very appreciated) i do it as open-source project, so i need somehow to make it popular on Github to find collaborators and make the best product on the market https://github.com/fletcherist/j...
aaron ahlberg
@fletcherist this is cool! I would love to see a basic idea of what the interface would look like. Maybe a teaser?
Phil Romanov
@aaron_ahlberg it's already in production and working. you can give it a try here: jamhub.io i aim to keep ui minimalistic as possible, yet powerful. also you can check the project on PH: producthunt.com/posts/jamhub-2
On My Deck
Hi Makers I've done some work to the song sharing site https://www.onmydeck.com over the weekend. The aim of the site is for people to have fun sharing their current favourite songs and we give every song a social page in return. I'd love some tester/user feedback. It's completely free to use - you don't need an account to post your favourite songs but if you do sign up you can build your list of ultimate songs as well as comment/like/follow people. Changes: - You can now see song lyrics on your posts (where available) - YouTube videos now show on the songs posted with a better match rate - Open the song on your favourite app with Spotify and Soundcloud links (Apple Music coming soon!) - Release date of the song is shown now where available Coming up: - Apple Music links on songs - Fun song facts on each song
Hanna Barzakouskaya
Hi Makers! We're close to launching our health app and now working to collect feedback and wishes from our potential users. Our main goal is to reduce premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention. Our goal is ambitious, and resources are limited. So we're building our first MVP which can allow our users to: - upload or add medical test results. This medical record will work and analyze records, our users can visualize test results and easily track their medical data (health data is always anonymized before being used for analysis). - pass health quizzes. For our MVP version, we took surveys which already passed the clinical trial tests and showed an accurate prediction. - find a lab and order some medical tests to check the health state (just for some market). Got one questions: 1. Could you think of something you want to see in such medical records? I've got from some of our subscribers what they would love to get notification about passing medical check-ups if they are close to the lab. 2. I’m looking for beta users, so in case you’re interested, you’re more than welcome. Feel free to contact me! Here it is: https://www.producthunt.com/upco... If you want me to check your product, you’re also welcome. Cheers!
Yves Hoppe
Hey community, building Empoche, currently in Public Beta. (empoche.com) Describing what it is, is actually not that easy. ;) Empoche combines automatic time tracking with task management, team support and productivity evaluation. 1. Looking for beta users on different Operating Systems and feedback. 2. Ideas what could be useful to add (charts, features etc.) 3. Privacy concerns with team time tracking? (What metrics should be shared between members?) Thanks!
Oliver Carmont
@yves_hoppe Great idea! For quick feature feedback, it appears like your landing page dashboard could be a bit dizzying if you see it every time you use the app so maybe less colours/graphs? Just an idea. But overall, I have to say great idea and even better implementation! The Demo-like images on your landing page help illustrate your idea very well! You've probably already considered this, but it would helpful to have timers/notifications to keep track on all your tasks. The only thing I'm slightly concerned is that your name by itself doesn't really communicate what your platform does, which may make it hard for early users to recall what 'Empoche' was for. Anyways, keep up the great work!
Yves Hoppe
@oliver_carmont awesome, Thank you so much for your feedback! Totally agree with the dashboard and chart colors, but having a hard time coming up with a nice solution, as there are so many application categories. And the colors try to transport the message how "productive" the category is (e.g. business blue, gaming / netflix red and so on). By the way you can customize the colors in the settings. More visible timers would be great, didn't think on it, but you are right it's obvious. Currently trying to figure out were to place them in the interface without even more clutter. Maybe in a tray icon / dropdown. For the name, I agree with you "Empoche" is not communicating what it does. But honestly it's not even to easy to describe what it the app does in one sentence (E.g. time tracking, not only of tasks but also PC apps, task management, team support etc.). But maybe it's just me as non-native speaker ;)
Serge Zaitsev
Hey Makers! I was building a minimal casual chess app, and finally launched it: https://www.producthunt.com/post... if there are any chess players among you - what do you think? What do you think could be improved? Or maybe any ideas for further development? Any feedback and especially criticism is welcome :)
Serge Zaitsev
Another question about the user experience is about moving the pieces. What do you prefer - drag pieces or click on a piece + click on a cell? Dragging requires less actions, while clicking allows to highlight valid moves.
Yves Hoppe
@zsergo Great work with the app. When I started it the first time I wondered why drag & drop is not working and nothing is happening. Maybe pre-select one of the pieces (for example 1.e4, 1.d4) and show the path so you realize what you are supposed to "do". Btw. you could still offer drag and drop and just highlight and limit the fields where the user could drop the piece to.
Hessel Dijkstra
@zsergo Love it. I like the fact that you can switch sides mid-game - very useful when you want to teach a beginner. I thought I would just check it out quick - but I spent like 30min in it 😀 And I got used to 'click on a cell' pretty quickly - so I think that's sufficient. The design is also beautiful. I think it is a great little chess app.
Andrew
@zsergo As a chess player I think the clicking on piece + click on cell interaction is not as intuitive as dragging on dropping. Dragging also seems to be the standard on most chess playing platforms and programs I know of. Perhaps another possibility is to highlight valid moves as soon as a piece is touched or dragged?
Gonçalo Henriques
Hi Everyone. We've been improving @nocodery and we have a new homepage and I would love to have your feedback Nocodery.com
Hessel Dijkstra
@nocodery @gonelf Love the design. You should check out https://www.julian.com/guide/gro... - I think your landing page already checks most of the boxes, but I think this is great resource to have.
On My Deck
@nocodery @gonelf The homepage looks really slick. The only thing I'm not keen on (on any site) is the abrupt full screen pop up when I've only just started looking at the page. It blocked my view as soon as I scrolled a little. I'd make this more subtle
Gaia
@nocodery @gonelf first time on the website! looks great, some pop-ups are slightly not in line with the branding, but overall very well done and clear customer journey
Yocheved B
@nocodery @gonelf Nice landing page design. The one glaring thing that you should take care of asap is the fact that there are several grammatical errors on the page. It will turn away people who will see this as a lack of professionalism.
pseudozach
@nocodery @gonelf looks very cool and nicely designed. it may be just me but I'm not a big fan of the pop up. good luck on everything!
Nuno Donato
Hi everyone! I opened up beta registration for www.MyDaily.email - a service I've been developing inspired by Google's calendar 5am daily agenda emails. Looking for people willing to help me test it and provide feedback. Requirement: you need to love email :) thanks!
Sandra Ionescu
Hi Makers, Today we launched Crawlify an AI powered, fully automated data extraction platform. We launched today, your feedback would be really appreciated: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@sandra_ionescu Hey Sandra, nice product. Would it crawl an entire domain if you just start at domain root? Do do you have to specify all product pages for example?
Dang Thanh Tung
Hi, I am making algorithms visualization for helping people learn, would anyone give me feedback? Thank you! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Anastasia Karpinska
@dangthanhtung1 Love this stuff, often use similar images to explain some algorithms I build in the product to the team. Is it possible to create custom visualizations?
Dang Thanh Tung
@anastasia_karpinska Thank you for your feedback! It's not possible to custom now but I already thought about that once, I will think more about it, thanks again!
Hammad Akbar
Hi Makers, I am building something I have wanted to create for a while. Content Re-purposing Tool. I realized after whilst recording my Podcast interviews that I am creating Pillar content that should re-purposed and distributed among many different channels. Idea is similar to Gary V's Content Model. Please check it out and subscribe here: https://www.producthunt.com/upco... In a Nutshell Keevi (application) will have 3 components: Search or Upload Content Repurpose Content Publish Content ------- SEARCH CONTENT You will be able to upload or Search for content from: -Youtube -Podcast directories -Blog e.g Medium etc REPURPOSE You will be able to re-purpose content into following formats: -Video to Blog Article -Video to Social Media post -Video to 11+ Translations (Subtitles) -Audio to Video E.g Turn a podcast into video with soundwaves -Audio to Blog Article -Blog/Written content to Video -Blow to Audio e.g Turn your blog post into a podcast -Transcriptions into 11+ Languages Few more ----------------- Publish Content Once you have repurposed, you can automatically distribute/publish content on: -Facebook -Twitter -LinkedIn -Tik Tok (Video Only) -Post to Medium -Post to your Blog -Downlaod as a file or PDF
Denise Wong
Hey friends, https://www.producthunt.com/upco... I'm looking to validate my startup idea - basically built on the premise that traditional (Asian) education doesn't help develop life skills important for life and work, and parents are willing to pay (a bit) to fix this issue. We're hoping to build an EdTech platform to address this - with content that describes what skills may be important, with opportunities to practice this and get feedback. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in such a product? We know there is a need - talked to many HR managers and they have all unanimously decided that this is important. The problems is, I'm unsure if parents would buy into this product. Appreciate any/all feedback and support. Trying to find product-market fit. Thanks, guys!
Andrew
@denise_wong1 Hi Denise, I agree that traditional education doesn't teach important life skills. However it wasn't clear what life skills you are referring to through your website. Reflecting on my own education experience, I wish I learnt more about social intelligence, philosophy, and learning itself earlier.
David Gorski
@denise_wong1 Hey Denise, I have to agree with Andrew. I like the concept a lot and think it could be valuable if executed properly, but I didn't really understand what exactly it is that your are teaching on your platform.
Hessel Dijkstra
Hey 👋 I am working on Jott. It started as a simple todo-list I was working on over the weekend but got a bit out of hand 😅 Currently it's a local note-taking system with linked notes, shareable note suggestions, save & sync, etc. I am also trying to configure things so you only have to use the keyboard when navigating Jott, but I am not quite there yet. Take a look: https://www.producthunt.com/upco... I am currently looking for beta testers if you are interested (or any feedback you have to offer). Subscribe and I will send you an invite link. Cheers, Hessel
Gaia
@dijkstrah_ hey Hessel, looks very interesting but the overall value proposition is not 100% clear from the launch page. What does the note suggestion consist on for example? How are note linked? Showing the customer journey through a video might be a good solution, in these sort of apps I would care the most about usability
Hessel Dijkstra
@gaialiciabalossi Thanks for the feedback. I am currently working on putting a demo video together - hopfully that clears things up a bit.
Andrew
Hi Makers, I built something that records and presents your digital habits in beautiful animated charts You can download it here: https://getmetame.com Looking for early users and feedback. Many thanks!
David Gorski
@andrewc3 Hey Andrew, I like your product's idea. Unfortunately I'm a mac user so I can't try it out. It seems like this is a crowded market however, I've seen a number of similar things floating around. How would you differentiate yourself besides just keeping a log of how much time each app is open?
Andrew
@dgorski Hi David, Thanks for your comment! While there are many automatic time tracking apps around, most send your digital activities directly to their servers. This isn't ideal for those who value privacy. MetaMe fixes this by saving your digital activities to a local database on your computer. In addition, many time tracking apps are designed for timesheeting or employee surveillance and monitoring. This doesn't exactly spark joy and excitement. I built MetaMe to be fun and easy to use for everyone, kind of like a fitbit for monitoring and improving their productivity.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
Hello everyone, I am working on a core business challenge that affect a lot of early stage companies and would love to hear your thoughts. Businesses constantly invest in building internal tools to manage their core data - Customers, Payments, Shipments, Registrations (multi step onboarding), Verification, Moderation, Content management, etc. These problems affect *literally every software/data driven business*, particularly B2B. I am working on dwata to solve these issues. I have vast experience in building internal tools (or admins) for many startups over 14 years. dwata works with *any relational DB*, gives you CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete), custom actions (`Mark user as Seller` for example) and plugs into your existing backend with APIs. Built in team documentation, advanced visual queries (no SQL knowledge), etc. **Looking for** - I am looking for startups who are planning to build admin on Django/Rails/Laravel/Express/etc. Internal tools cost time/money and are not directly related to your customer facing product. You can eliminate that cost and speed up product development. Since dwata is in early stages, I am happy to provide more attention to things that block you. Thank you so much, Cheers!
David Gorski
@sumitdatta Hey Sumit, I'm actually in the boat your talking about: building internal tools as a startup, but we don't use relational DBs. I don't really see the value in getting a CRUD around a DB unless your DB schema is really complex though. It wouldn't actually take very long to setup your own server to wrap the DB. I guess the main value lies in the other offerings you have, but I can't really speak to those since I'm coming from a developer perspective where a visual query probably isn't of much use to me.
Sumit Datta [dwata] 👋
@dgorski Hey David! Nice points. Support for MongoDB is coming soon. There will also be support for even time-series data at some point. What internal tools are you building? Yes you are right that perspective varies if you are a developer, but usually a medium sized company has <10% developers. So there is a large gap.