What sounds make/help you fall asleep fast? ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜ด

Aleksandr Lanin
33 replies
Hi PH!๐Ÿฑโ€๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ’คPlease also let me know whether you have used any sleep apps and how your experience was with using them. What did you like and not like? I would highly appreciate any feedback! โค

Replies

Abadesi
A good guided meditation can make me fall asleep before it ends!
Aleksandr Lanin
@abadesi thank you! How long does it usually take you to fall asleep? What apps do you use?
Jan Kovaล™รญk
I'm not using any sleep apps anymore (when I did, I used Sleep Cycle app) and none from options above. But last few years, I'm going to sleep almost every day with lectures and seminars of Alan Watts in my ears, can only recommend - not only that his voice is calming, but you'd also learn something useful ;)
Aleksandr Lanin
@jankovarik thank you, Jan! Why did you stop using Sleep Cycle? Have you also tried guided meditation?
Jan Kovaล™รญk
@aleksandr_lanin You're welcome Aleksandr ;) I just didn't like the idea to have the phone such close to my body, every night. Simple Zazen is all I need, even if it maybe require more effort at first, in a long term is the best way, at least for me. But guided meditation can be good too, that's true, it depends on why are you doing it and what's your aim (if any) ;)
Kellvin Aongola
Kalahari desert ๐Ÿœ๏ธ night ๐Ÿ˜ด sounds or Amazon night rainfall.
Aleksandr Lanin
@kellvin_aongola nature sounds are winning! Thank you for your response:)
Francesco ๐Ÿซ
Guided meditation is ๐Ÿ‘Œ and no phone for at least 1hr before sleeping!
Aleksandr Lanin
@gamarantor thank you for your response! This is really difficult for me to get off my phone before sleep :(
artrayd
Sound that was playing all the day and turned off just before I went to sleep. Sometime when I work late I am listening to lofi youtube radio.
Aleksandr Lanin
@ninjo interesting! Thank you fro your response!
Mike Glaicar
The best move is trying to blink 100 times! Usually make it to about 30 before it's lights out :D
Gabrielฤ— Jusaitytฤ—
Having 'Friends' (the TV series) play on the background ๐Ÿ˜I've seen it like 100 of times and it just calms me down somehow ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
Alisa Smelkova
Squeaks of nintendo switch joycons near by)
John Banko
Try to listen to White Noise. My doctor said that it clms down and even some moms give it to their babies when they are crying
Aleksandr Lanin
@john_banko oh yeah, I know that there are even special toys with the white noise to calm down babies!
Una Vidakoviฤ‡
Sport! Every time I can't sleep I would turn on TV and put on football, I fall asleep in less than 20 min. It's loud but somehow it makes me super sleepy :D
Abderrahman DOUARA
Going to bed with intention to sleep