My product will never be good enough. How do I get out of this mindset?

Caroline Chiari
4 replies
Hi everyone, I've been developing my product for over a year now, and every single day I've been finding ways to make it better, which lead to a gigantic backlog of high expectations. To figure out if I should release it into the wild and let it spread its wings, I ask myself: would I spend money on this? The answer is always obviously "no" because I know it will be even better in a week. As a solo technical founder, how do you get out of the mindset that your product will never be good enough to share?

Replies

César Lacombe
I think the main problem when you launch a product you care about is fear. You are always afraid that it will not get the success it deserves so you want to improve it over and over. The only advice I can give you is to launch yourself into it ! This is the only way to get answers, to know what's right and what's wrong, and what to do 😉
Caroline Chiari
@cesarl Thank you! Yeah, I guess I'm just afraid people won't like it. I just have to launch it and see if I'm right ;)
Medhat Ramadan
I really have the same feeling.
Conferfly
No product is perfect, even facebook now still have a lot of bugs in new layout you need to release it and hear the feedback and get in the loop of feedback and fixing. i was guilty of that myself, developing features never used (what a waste of time) Users Feedback Is Crucial