Hi Hunters! What key factors make you use an app?

Aleksandr Lanin
12 replies
What makes you use a mobile app on a daily basis? Please feel free to share your favorite go-to apps!

Replies

Tanya Dronova
I am using lifesum for tracking calories and essetial nutrients. It's all about health...you know:)
Aleksandr Lanin
@tattey_dronova sure! Why do you prefer this app over other trackers?
Gideon Ozuluoha
The app just has to solve my daily needs for me to use ot daily....daily needs could be chatting, meeting friends, selling my product ...and a bunch
Aleksandr Lanin
@gidexdev thank you for you response, Gideon! What apps meet your daily needs?
Rick Somar
I have lot of apps, but in daily uses just a few, but i think that notifications can make a huge difference cuz i have some apps that i even know that are intalled on my pohone
Aleksandr Lanin
@henrique_chappuis_ramos haha right? I can totally relate to that:)
Giorgio Groß
Most of the time I use an app whenever it gives me any kind of value back. Value may be in form of enlightenment or joy, e.g. when it entertains me or is somehow funny. Usually I stick only couple of days to these kind of apps. Even more important to me is that the app can provide value over and over again; for example by supporting my daily tasks(Todo list), personal development(habits or meditation), organization (calendar), communication (WhatsApp) and so on.
Aleksandr Lanin
@giorgio_gross right! What apps do you use for buliding habits and meditation?
Giorgio Groß
@aleksandr_lanin Headspace and Streaks, but I used Streaks only for couple of weeks and fell back to my old school pen and paper :D Headspace is awesome though, they also have this "streak" component to build up a habit for meditation. Anyway I think building up a habit through an app is a powerful way of maintaining users (see "The Habit Loop")
Amod Nazirkar
Probably the Interface, also the accessibility as most people spend more time on their smartphones rather than on a laptop/desktop. You can use it on the Go.
Aleksandr Lanin
@amod_nazirkar agree! Can you let me know your favorite apps?
Amod Nazirkar
@aleksandr_lanin Sure! My Favourite apps are Samsung Health, WhatsApp, Skype Lite, Messenger, Facebook Lite.