Do you have a daily or weekly fitness routine? How long have you been following this consistently?

Bhumi
7 replies

Replies

Bhumi
Bhumi @bhumi1102 My assumption is most people don't? Or that no one does anything fitness related consistently! Let's see if we have some evidence to the contrary :)
Yusuf Giftworks
Personally for me as an indie maker who's still finding ways to grow my product to profitability, I'm constantly in a state of where I think I'd probably use my time finding ways to grow my product rather than doing anything else. I know it's not healthy over time but sometimes, it can't be help. What're your thoughts?
Bhumi
@qabil yes true. I am mostly curious to learn the reality. And I am also interested in connecting with others who have had a long-term fitness routine to learn what factors have made that possible
Yusuf Giftworks
@bhumi1102 That's great. I think there are tons of people who could help you out here with fitness. Hope all goes well for you!
Constantin
I've been consistently hitting the gym as well as other activities like cycling, skiing, hiking, etc for over 6 years. For my age I'm in great physical condition, better than most who are half my age. I'm not bragging, just stating the facts. It was and remains hard work but I know that if I stop it'll be much harder to get started. I think the older we get, the more important it is to exercise regularly. After sitting in a chair in front of a computer for 8-12 hours a day, pushing some iron around or hitting some trails is cathartic. The only problem with this lifestyle is that it barely allows me any time for hacking on my personal projects. I guess if I can live a longer and healthier life, it's worth the trade-off.
Alek Angelov
I've been doing powerlifting for the last 2 years and I've been consistently making progress and striving to do more and be better every single workout. Powerlifting may not be for everyone, but you have to find that one little thing that itches the right spot and you'll be golden. For me, it's powerlifting. For others it may be running, hiking or, hell, even crossfit. Heed my words, tho you could be killing it in the gym, hitting your cardio goals, but if your diet is awful your body will never be truly healthy.
Amanda Trincher
I love various fitness marathons now, which are often held by people who understand sports. Usually this is a month of training, meals with a person who supervises you in chats or via YouTube videos. Also, I often read tips on https://youthfulagain.net and it also works for me