Who here is building with no-code ?

Vaibhav Namburi
29 replies
How many of you here are building products using no-code tools? If you're live, what has been your experience with overall customisation, domain specific logic?

Replies

Giulio Maselli
That's something I want to start soon, so I'm all ears for other people's experience
Vaibhav Namburi
@giulio_maselli Awesome! I'm the same as you! Keen to see how others do it
Kurt Anderson
I'm just beginning my #nocode journey. I'd say that customization is one area where nocode tools lose a step when compared with coding. I'm more than willing to make that tradeoff for speed and happiness, however.
Vaibhav Namburi
@anderkd I was about to say, they're good to prove a simple and "normal" concept, but still haven't seen full scale startups being built. I'm hopeful though
Sam Rye
@anderkd @veebuv what do you mean when you say 'full scale startups' out of interest? Do you mean complex products specifically? Or just that you haven't seen someone actually try to build a business with a no-code product?
Dan Siepen
Yep! Working on 2 new cool projects I'll be launching soon enough :D
ozhan atali
I'm not working on it but just a soft. on youtube is came to my attention called XPoda. maybe helps
JC Alvarez
Yup, been working on something on both Bubble and Adalo. Went fully live with Adalo on iOS, and with Bubble I went live months ago but pulled back to make a pivot. Bubble is pretty much limitless at this point from a platform standpoint. Adalo is still getting caught up with features, etc. However it's got plenty of potential for building native app store apps.
Mariano Pardo
I built a no-code backend for my project using Commun.dev. But I built the frontend in a traditional way using Next.js and Material UI.
Enrique Serrano Aparicio
I've been playing with several platforms and, from my point of view, the possibility to connect with external services like APIs, DBs... It's a key. Imagine to have a website with a users database, probably you'd like to connect it with your app but, some no-code tools don't allow to sync with external services. Bearing this in mind, I believe that it's perfectly doable to create very good products with no-code tools :)
Miguel Lobato
Super interesting discussion, I'm currently building a no-code product as well. I struggling on finding where to host it in web. Of course this also comes with all the adjustments that come along going code free. I'm glad this discussions it's been upvoted.
Emilio Segreste
We are doing a Digital Coworking Space using No-Code
Nile
Built a whole website about NoCode, without code! Very meta.... NoCode 2.0
Jarod Peachey
I'm gonna have to put my unpopular opinion out there... No-code is bad. At least for me, I can't use no-code tools, because the customizability is just lacking yet. I prefer to hand-code it, even if it takes longer. You can't control the performance, security or SEO using no-code as well as you can by doing it custom. However, I would imagine it's pretty useful for non-developers! I would just never use it myself šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Jarod Peachey
UPDATE: I'm all for low-code, because you can sprinkle in custom stuff when you need to
Leonardo
Due to various limitation aspects I started learning to code a few years ago. It is hard but it is worth it, now I can develop my own projects and if there's something I don't know I can easily learn and implement. I highly advise to learn coding
Cameron Myers
I have found no-code solutions to be valuable, but only for web based interactions. Once you move to native, no-code solutions break down with the addition of platforms. A con of no-code solution is that in order to create expected experiences, many times, their interactions and experiences are templatized causing a lack of creative freedom for designers and a very rigid framework for developers to work within. My favorite tool for this is Webflow, the learning curve is steep, and if you don't have any development experience, it is easy to get lost. Once you get up to speed Webflow does a good job of mixing functionality with a fairly intuitive GUI. That being said if your not on web, cross platform no-code is something that is not to the same standard.
HiramFromTheChi
I built TheTXTHub specifically for a no-code competition. I had technically been in the no-code space before it (without knowing), but I specifically set out to build The TXT Hub in order to get more familiar with building something without code, using tools I had never used before. The TXT Hub uses Zapier, Typeform, Sheets, MailChimp, and a few other tools. Not a single line of code. I'm also the founder of Tee Tweets, which is technically a no-code/low code venture as well. Built Swyftlight on Webflow, which has a steep learning curve if you're not familiar with web development. If you are familiar with it though, you should be able to catch on pretty quickly. Plus, they have Webflow University, which has valuable tutorials on learning how to use Webflow. I'm very bullish on no-code, as is our rampant no-code community on Twitter. I'd say Bubble is sort of at the top of the list in terms of functionality and producing a full-scale web app. With that functionality though, comes complexity. I'm not a Bubble expert yet myself, but it's easy to recognize the power and value it has. Webflow is very designer-focused, so it's great for building websites and landing pages. You could technically build a web app on it, but you'll likely need some integration apps like Zapier, Parabola, Integromat, etc. to make it function like a web app. Adalo is another platform that is cooking up something real nice. Adalo is sort of a simpler Bubble, which also produces web/mobile apps. It's a lot simpler to create apps with Adalo, but you'll also be a bit more limited in terms of the UI, since you're building from pre-fab components. This isn't typically a deal-breaker though, since you can still give your app a general cohesive feeling in terms of UI/UX. One big plus to Adalo is that you can publish native apps directly to the App Store and Google Play. I've spoken with David, one of the cofounders, and their journey with how Adalo came to be has been pretty amazing. Excited to see future development from these guys. I'd also recommend keeping an eye out for Draftbit, which is in private beta. The best way to describe Draftbit is "The Webflow of native mobile apps." Its UX is very similar to Webflow, and code is automatically generated on the backend as you visually develop. The team behind Draftbit is also awesome. Of course the level of functionality with a platform depends on the level of complexity it offers, so it's a natural tradeoff. One (very valid) conversation that's starting to brew in the no-code space is the lack of open-source thinking behind platforms and taking into account vendor lock-in. I think the general sentiment is that we're hoping platforms in general play nice with each other and continue to integrate and expand in order to build real full-scale apps as you would with traditional development.
Chris Wray
I build websites with Webflow, but I have to say that building tools pushed me to learn code and Iā€™m so glad I did. Building apps with code and I love it.
Bud Ross
I've tried but I don't seem to be smart enough! Would love to hear other's experiences...
Ayoub Hakdaoui
i made https://vpnoid.com with no code skills a free vpn
Bryan Choo
Would really be interested in the tools that you guys use to create your products with no-code methodology. Am currently studying web development and im curious about what can be done without writing a single line of code
Tomas Laurinavicius
Together with @edgarascom, we're building Content Writing Jobs, a job board connecting writers with companies seeking content producers. We use Webflow + Airtable + Zapier + ConvertKit. Even though these tools are powerful we found it quite challenging to build exactly what we want.